• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Address change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Address change

Hi guys

Due to lockdown, I can’t get to my registered business address. As I need to register with HMRC and Companies House for certain online services, I need to change my address to one I can receive mail. I’m working away at a temp address so getting it sent here is out of the question. Does anyone know of a service(legal) which rents business addresses? I have heard of them but don’t know if they are legal..?

The other option is a P.O. Box, is that a possibility?

Any advice would be great guys

Have a look through these threads as they are on the same topic. Might be some useful recommendations.
    https://www.google.com/search?safe=a...4dUDCA0&uact=5

Also

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...l-address.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessBandaid View Post
      Hi guys

Due to lockdown, I can’t get to my registered business address. As I need to register with HMRC and Companies House for certain online services, I need to change my address to one I can receive mail. I’m working away at a temp address so getting it sent here is out of the question. Does anyone know of a service(legal) which rents business addresses? I have heard of them but don’t know if they are legal..?

The other option is a P.O. Box, is that a possibility?

Any advice would be great guys
      your accountant will probably do it for free or a small fee.
      They'll scan and email you any letters.

EDIT: you don't have an accountant do you? Mailboxes etc. charge £40 a month so maybe an accountant, who would have told you all this in the first place, would be wise. Mine costs £85 a month.
      Last edited by Lance; 5 March 2021, 17:24.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My accountant doesn't offer a registered office service.

Comment

Thanks guys

ill probably go for the rented job. I’ll be doing the returns myself and I’ll only need it for two months, so rather than going into a contract with accountant, I’ll opt for the former.

Slight reservations about it as at the end of day it’s trusting someone with my company details.

Comment

Try these guys https://www.rapidformations.co.uk/ad...stered-office/

Comment

Thanks guys

Ill have a look at these links and update once decided

Comment

Originally posted by BusinessBandaid View Post
                Thanks guys

ill probably go for the rented job. I’ll be doing the returns myself and I’ll only need it for two months, so rather than going into a contract with accountant, I’ll opt for the former.

Slight reservations about it as at the end of day it’s trusting someone with my company details.
                I'd be more worried trusting yourself with your accounting to be fair
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X