• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got an ICO begging letter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoggoth
    replied
    TheCyclingProgrammer is right. You can also keep customer info for advertising and marketing for your own company.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You have no customer contact information, no agency contact information? That has people's names in it and where they work...
    There is an exemption if you only keep customer contact details for accounting record keeping purposes.
    Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 19 February 2021, 23:15.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Got one today too. I’d already looked into this ages ago and determined I was exempt as I only keep customer records for invoicing/accounting purposes. I submitted their form to say I’m exempt and hopefully that’s the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by rawly View Post
    They must be doing a scan against company house records, as I also got one yesterday. I filled in the online assessment, and obviously I only store Invoice data which is Core Business and so it said I didn’t need to pay, but I can if I wanted. LOL. Why? Anyhow u must remember to fill in their online exception form, so hopefully they’ll go away for the next decade.
    You have no customer contact information, no agency contact information? That has people's names in it and where they work...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I got one yesterday. Filled in their self assessment form and was told I didn't need to register. If you don't, just do their sod off form as rawly said.

Object moved

PS Dunno why that link shows "Object moved" but it is a correct link.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 19 February 2021, 20:31.

Leave a comment:

• rawly
    replied
    They must be doing a scan against company house records, as I also got one yesterday. I filled in the online assessment, and obviously I only store Invoice data which is Core Business and so it said I didn’t need to pay, but I can if I wanted. LOL. Why? Anyhow u must remember to fill in their online exception form, so hopefully they’ll go away for the next decade.

Leave a comment:

• CatOnMat
    replied
    May I refer the honourable member to my original reply?

I'm beginning to think my posts are displaying in white font...
    Indeed - I humbly apologise for missing the piece in "white font" (which I now see is less white than I'd noticed originally) and stand duly admonished...

Last edited by CatOnMat; 19 February 2021, 14:51.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
    I tend to find searching via Google filtering by site much more effective, e.g.

site:https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ ico

retrns 190 results, whereas just search ico in the forum search came back with none
    May I refer the honourable member to my original reply?

I'm beginning to think my posts are displaying in white font...

Leave a comment:

• CatOnMat
    replied
    The site search is crap, that's why
    I tend to find searching via Google filtering by site much more effective, e.g.

site:https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/ ico

retrns 190 results, whereas just search ico in the forum search came back with none

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    ICO is such a rip off. ICO said HMRC broke data protection rules for me. And what would they do about it? Nothing.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X