• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MODIS International - UK Contact details?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.
    Back in 2000 I was working through Modis at Goldmine Sachs. I was 2nd person in on the "40 hour interview".

My agent said some weird stuff. My BS metre was ticking - I could not work out why.

So I spoke to HR and asked what rate they were paying Modis and to compare against what I was getting.

Modis were taking 27% as opposed to the 12% they should be taking.

After major arguments(GS threatening to sack Modis globally) around 40 contractors(including myself) got a 15% pay rise.

And not one ever thanked me....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Modis, there's a blast from the past.

My very first gig was through them in 2005. £150 a day, I thought I was rich!

I still have the phone number of the agent who managed my contract. Unlikely its still operational...

Being a bit of a saddo, I have a file that lists every client, contract dates, agency and agent details. I send it out when pimps ask for a reference.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Amanensia View Post
    At least he didn't ask if you've checked with your accountant first!
    Which would likely spawn a whole new thread of how to do that....

Leave a comment:

• Amanensia
    replied
    At least he didn't ask if you've checked with your accountant first!

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by why View Post
    Yes I have, see my edited post. Its not difficult mate, the contact email is the same as 'info@' and nobody is replying since they will want to ignore. Try thinking before being condescending eh
    He doesn't often get the chance to look down on someone, so he does like to take full advantage.

Leave a comment:

• why
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well that's funny. I've just rung their Manchester office and got through to someone in less than 2 rings.....

So my original question still stands.
    Well if that is the case I will phone the Manchester branch instead of the London one. Thanks for taking time out to phone that particular branch

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Yes I have, see my edited post. Its not difficult mate, the contact email is the same as 'info@' and nobody is replying since they will want to ignore. Try thinking before being condescending eh
    Well that's funny. I've just rung their Manchester office and got through to someone in less than 2 rings.....

So my original question still stands.

Leave a comment:

• why
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    You seem nice.

I am but when someone without having a thought says "why is this so difficult" , it comes across as rather condescending, look I was asking for a 'real' email contact not an "info" type one, so someone actually picked it up, read it and hopefully I will get a response to my query

I'll just delete this thread and ask elsewhere.

MODs, can you delete the topic please
    Last edited by why; 28 February 2020, 11:48.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    You seem nice.

Leave a comment:

• why
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Have you tried ringing them?

Contact them using the form on their contact page?

Why is this so difficult for you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X