• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Car Q

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sira View Post
    Thank you all for your comments. I re-discussed with my accountant, and decided to go down the personal leasing route for a couple years, to maintain better cash flow and ride out market uncertainty.

Never leased, so any tips / broker suggestions are most welcome.
    given the consideration of cash flow and market uncertainty, coupled with the fact you've never leased before, do you think it's wise?
    Or have you made up your mind anyway?

If in doubt, buy a 10 year old Japanese car, or a Ford, and run it into the ground. It will save you pots of cash.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      given the consideration of cash flow and market uncertainty, coupled with the fact you've never leased before, do you think it's wise?
      Or have you made up your mind anyway?

If in doubt, buy a 10 year old Japanese car, or a Ford, and run it into the ground. It will save you pots of cash.
      We had a lease car in the family before, so pretty clued up on it. Enquired about personal leases today, but seems my credit score has taken a hit (from excellent down to fair!) from a recent property purchase & address change (I suspect). So maybe as you say, I'll get a cheap something for now and run it into the ground, and get something nicer later on.

Comment

We had a lease car in the family before, so pretty clued up on it. Enquired about personal leases today, but seems my credit score has taken a hit (from excellent down to fair!) from a recent property purchase & address change (I suspect). So maybe as you say, I'll get a cheap something for now and run it into the ground, and get something nicer later on.
        If you can’t afford it personally, then as a contractor you can’t afford it.

Get something cheap and tacky, like a 4 year old BMW 328i.
        Get something nicer later on.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If you can’t afford it personally, then as a contractor you can’t afford it.

Get something cheap and tacky, like a 4 year old BMW 328i.
          Get something nicer later on.
          I didn't state that I can't afford it.

Comment

Never leased, so any tips / broker suggestions are most welcome.
            We had a lease car in the family before, so pretty clued up on it..
            Eh??
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I find this incredible, so basically despite running your own company you're not given any incentive at all use that company to enable you to purchase and use a company car 'god forbid!' as personal and company use and gain some benefit from sustaining the economy in this country whilst benefitting somewhat? Really??

Oh wait is that because 'everyone will use it as a tax avoidance route' . What like the fact ive already paid tax on my earnings and now i should just accept paying more tax on that already taxed sum of money till what? Till there's none left right?
              Really?

Honestly i don't understand why we just roll over and take it up the exhaust? Am i missing something? Did i just not remember the day i was born agreeing to this draconian scheme with an appalling track record of supporting the wrong people and keep the poor poor. Where is an ounce of a hint in supporting people who actually want to make their own wage in life and perhaps be able to support others too. It seems 'because it says here' it just what we do, accept it. Not asking for a free ticket in life oh no, just a reminder we are only on this planet for a blink of an eye, Tax never makes that allowance or consideration.

NO. Its not acceptable.

Last edited by JPC; 23 January 2022, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post
                I find this incredible, so basically despite running your own company you're not given any incentive at all use that company to enable you to purchase and use a company car 'god forbid!' as personal and company use and gain some benefit from sustaining the economy in this country whilst benefitting somewhat? Really??

Oh wait is that because 'everyone will use it as a tax avoidance route' . What like the fact ive already paid tax on my earnings and now i should just accept paying more tax on that already taxed sum of money till what? Till there's none left right?
                Really?

Honestly i don't understand why we just roll over and take it up the exhaust? Am i missing something? Did i just not remember the day i was born agreeing to this draconian scheme with an appalling track record of supporting the wrong people and keep the poor poor. Where is an ounce of a hint in supporting people who actually want to make their own wage in life and perhaps be able to support others too. It seems 'because it says here' it just what we do, accept it. Not asking for a free ticket in life oh no, just a reminder we are only on this planet for a blink of an eye, Tax never makes that allowance or consideration.

NO. Its not acceptable.

Oh, I don’t know. Outrage for a 4 year old thread? Go for it…
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Oh, I don’t know. Outrage for a 4 year old thread? Go for it…
                  Who rattled your cage?! You've possibly been on here too long:

a) the topic and response are still relevant to today
                  b) you seem to think as 'part of the furniture' round here its gives you carte blanche to cast condescending posts at whim.

Advice to you - Lets keep it on topic and give a constructive/relevant response and resist the urge to dump your first brain fart via keyboard, thankyou!

Comment

Originally posted by JPC View Post

Who rattled your cage?! You've possibly been on here too long:

a) the topic and response are still relevant to today
                    b) you seem to think as 'part of the furniture' round here its gives you carte blanche to cast condescending posts at whim.

Advice to you - Lets keep it on topic and give a constructive/relevant response and resist the urge to dump your first brain fart via keyboard, thankyou!

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

ah along come the pigeons in no time, well done that was brave.

Comment

Working...
                      X