• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self-Assesment: "Dividends from UK companies"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-Assesment: "Dividends from UK companies"

Hello all,

I am completing the self-assesment form for 17-18.

In the Section 4 there is "Dividends from UK companies".

Do I enter the dividend made to me from my own Ltd company here?

Originally posted by ChrisHadfield View Post
    Hello all,

I am completing the self-assesment form for 17-18.

Are you a UK company?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Where else would you put it?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sorry I am doing this for the first time so unfamiliar with the process.

Yes my company is a UK LTD company.

Comment

You really need to understand your relationship between your company and you as person. Having a clear understanding would mean you wouldn't need to ask this.

Why isn't your accountant doing this for you anyway? This is the point you could end up in trouble so really need it doing properly.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

BTW.. Weren't you the first Canadian to walk in space? Bit of a fall from grace from that to filling in your own Self Assessment innit?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There's a rogerfederer on this forum so might as well have an astronaut.

One that is learning.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                BTW.. Weren't you the first Canadian to walk in space? Bit of a fall from grace from that to filling in your own Self Assessment innit?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Why isn't your accountant doing this for you anyway? This is the point you could end up in trouble so really need it doing properly.

Yep, it's well worth paying your accountant to do your first self assessment, around £100 as a one off fee IIRC.

You can then see how it was completed and if your circumstances stay roughly the same in terms of sources of taxable income you can decide whether to do it yourself depending if you can get your head around it easy enough.

I took this approach and so far the online version has been a piece of piss as I just have the standard salary, divis, bank interest, pension payments to get the appropriate figures for. Takes me about 10 mins tops to enter the relevant info and click submit.

Just got to watch out for any annual tweaks they make to the content which if too daunting would have me going back to my accountant with my tail between my legs.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Are you a UK company?
                    Yes my company is a UK LTD company.
                    Then yes - that's where you enter it. Just as you would enter dividends from any other UK company. You and your company are entirely distinct legal entities.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X