• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

off shore company in isle of man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

off shore company in isle of man

Hello,
    I am writing from London,Uk for some advice on a company formation in Isle of Man. My husband has a limited company here in London and he has to pay public liability insurance if he hires another person.The problem is that the insurance is to expensive so at the moment he didn't hire anybody.He is making each week an invoice for his services.If he is opening a company in Isle of Man which kind of company should he open?What are the main responsabilities and fees he would have to pay/year?Will he have to pay public liability insurance if he hires another person?Can he make the invoice from the company in Isle of Man to the company in Uk?Can you please help me with some details if not can you please send me a contact person?
    Thank you very much,I really appreciate any kind of help

Just because your husband has a company registered in a foreign jurisdiction does not exempt him from English and Welsh law on Employers Liability and Public Liability.

In other words if he can still be sued by an employee or taken to court by the relevant local council/Health and Safety Executive if he works in England and Wales regardless of where the business is registered.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's a bugger this tax evasion business innit.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Make like Slade. Run run away.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's a bugger this tax evasion business innit.
          yeh, - shouldn't this be in the tax dodger's thread??

Comment

Hope he isn't thinking of hiring his wife? She appears pretty useless to me.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Hope he isn't thinking of hiring his wife? She appears pretty useless to me.
              Uselessness appears to be relative, in this case

Comment

Originally posted by charlie20ro View Post
                Hello,
                I am writing from London,Uk for some advice on a company formation in Isle of Man. My husband has a limited company here in London and he has to pay public liability insurance if he hires another person.The problem is that the insurance is to expensive so at the moment he didn't hire anybody.He is making each week an invoice for his services.If he is opening a company in Isle of Man which kind of company should he open?What are the main responsabilities and fees he would have to pay/year?Will he have to pay public liability insurance if he hires another person?Can he make the invoice from the company in Isle of Man to the company in Uk?Can you please help me with some details if not can you please send me a contact person?
                Thank you very much,I really appreciate any kind of help
                As long as the IoM entity issues invoices via the Dutch Antilles Oude Joris Max 120 structure, it will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  As long as the IoM entity issues invoices via the Dutch Antilles Oude Joris Max 120 structure, it will be fine.

Comment

Apart from the very obviously evasive nature of the setup........ public liability is the cheapest insurance. And not needed to employ someone.

Sockie I reckon.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X