• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS has sold up shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS has sold up shop

Letter from them today

As a valued customer, we wanted you to be one of the first to know that Qdos Contractor has an agreement in place to be acquired by global insurance company, Tokio Marine HCC.

We have worked with Tokio Marine HCC for over ten years and they are the current underwriters of our business insurance policies.

Unlike several other acquisitions in the contractor market, this is not a private equity deal. Following a long and successful partnership, Tokio Marine HCC sees Qdos Contractor as a key part of its long-term strategy to grow in our sector.

Here’s what the change in our ownership means for you:
    • Your policies and products will be unaffected
    • You will continue to receive first-class support from our expert staff based in Leicester
    • The extra Qdos Contractor benefits (free contract assessments and IR35 news) will continue
    • Your policies will now be held directly with one of the world’s most trusted insurers
    • Tokio Marine HCC’s expertise and resources will help us to deliver a range of innovative solutions at highly competitive prices

The acquisition is subject to regulatory approval and we expect it to be completed by the end of this year, marking the start of an exciting new chapter for Qdos Contractor and our clients.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Account Manager. The team will be delighted to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Seb Maley
    Qdos Contractor CEO
    Next up - 'Drop in service from QDOS'...
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Getting out of the IR35 Insurance Market, before the changes come into place to negate the need for IR35 insurance, let's see is anyone else does anything similar.....
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks like I'm not a valued customer then

They'd better keep the Amazon vouchers for referrals or it will be on Sebs head if my kids don't get any birthday or Xmas presents.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Getting out of the IR35 Insurance Market, before the changes come into place to negate the need for IR35 insurance, let's see is anyone else does anything similar.....
        My thoughts exactly too when I read the news

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Far from it. IR35 consultancy and insurance will remain a core part of our business. If at some stage the legislation is reformed we will adapt our services, in the same way we have with the public sector changes (where we provide assessments and insurance for numerous agencies and engagers).

Seb
          Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            That's because you referred psychocandy and darren_test.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

Next up - 'Drop in service from QDOS'...
              The level of service we provide to our clients is a huge part of the value of the business. I've been here for 15 years and I still will be, post completion, as will all of my team. The acquisition was made with a long term view, by a business we know very well. It will allow us to invest in further improvements to our products, systems and ultimately the experience of our customers.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They'd better keep the Amazon vouchers for referrals or it will be on Sebs head if my kids don't get any birthday or Xmas presents.
                Odd. It was sent to everyone so you should have got it. You're normally top of the list...

And don't worry, we love sending you Amazon vouchers so that's not going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Qdos Contractor View Post
                  Odd. It was sent to everyone so you should have got it. You're normally top of the list...

And don't worry, we love sending you Amazon vouchers so that's not going to change.
                  Ahhh.. I got an email. I must be more with the times than PerfectStorm and her letter
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Unlike several other acquisitions in the contractor market, this is not a private equity deal."

Made me smile that they felt the need to stress this...understandable given the general consensus on service levels from some of the big accountancy players.

From a practical perspective we recommend lots of clients to QDOS for their insurance needs. It's clear you think the service will remain good...but will you still be called QDOS? I'm guessing at least for the time being nothing changes, we still point them to same place, same discount codes etc?

Comment

Working...
                    X