• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These guys are offering 90% take home.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys are offering 90% take home.

Despite me complaining several times, a very high profile recruitment website insists on spamming me with pay schemes aimed squarely at contractors. This is the latest one received a few minutes ago. They promise 90% take home in the spam email, I continue to be amazed that these people are still in business and that folks must still be signing up. What can possibly go wrong? Caveat emptor.
    • HMRC administration included
    • Latest opinion from leading Tax Counsel
    • IR35 compliant
    • All necessary insurances provided
    • Fully compliant with current UK tax law

www dot income-management dot co dot uk
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Despite me complaining several times, a very high profile recruitment website insists on spamming me with pay schemes aimed squarely at contractors. This is the latest one received a few minutes ago. They promise 90% take home in the spam email, I continue to be amazed that these people are still in business and that folks must still be signing up. What can possibly go wrong? Caveat emptor.
    • HMRC administration included
    • Latest opinion from leading Tax Counsel
    • IR35 compliant
    • All necessary insurances provided
    • Fully compliant with current UK tax law

If they say there are compliant they must be who would lie about such things!

Comment

Originally posted by Skye2011 View Post
      If they say there are compliant they must be who would lie about such things!
      Somewhat interestingly, when you search on these guys address at companies house it says there are -

54,727 matches found

But it seems none with the name that appears on the website, albeit they do not yuse the words limited company on their website. No doubt this is a serviced business address fronting for yet another off shore entity?

Comment

Despite me complaining several times, a very high profile recruitment website insists on spamming me with pay schemes aimed squarely at contractors.
        Roll on GDPR...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
          Roll on GDPR...
          It isn't going to make any difference though is it? The spam will just be administrated off shore? And I suppose the side benefit is that I am made aware of the state of the art amongst these scams.

Comment

Registrant:
            iain nicholson

Registrant type:
            UK Individual

Registrant's address:
            52 Mount Road
            Canterbury
            Kent
            CT1 1YF
            United Kingdom

Oops, he's registered it as a personal website to his home address, not a business. Naughty Iain.

But the address on the website is the same as:
            NPS (Head Office)
            National Payment Solutions Ltd
            17 North Lane, Canterbury, CT2 7PG
            Company Registration Number:

Seriously? Nope, dummy company number, not a Ltd.
            Maybe they mean NPS Accountancy Ltd:
            https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10087805

Which is maybe related to: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10005252

And one name keeps cropping up:
            https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...0/appointments

Although it could just be that she is being brought in to wind the businesses up, looking at the number of companies where she has just been made a director.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Perhaps they mean 90% for psychocandy. Perfectly achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Registrant:
                iain nicholson

Registrant type:
                UK Individual

Registrant's address:
                52 Mount Road
                Canterbury
                Kent
                CT1 1YF
                United Kingdom

Oops, he's registered it as a personal website to his home address, not a business. Naughty Iain.

But the address on the website is the same as:
                NPS (Head Office)
                National Payment Solutions Ltd
                17 North Lane, Canterbury, CT2 7PG
                Company Registration Number:

Seriously? Nope, dummy company number, not a Ltd.
                Maybe they mean NPS Accountancy Ltd:
                https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10087805

Which is maybe related to: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10005252

And one name keeps cropping up:
                https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/o...0/appointments

Although it could just be that she is being brought in to wind the businesses up, looking at the number of companies where she has just been made a director.
                My word, all this going to end very, very badly for some people one day, I feel. Though, maybe not so badly for Mr Nicholson, perhaps?

Comment

To my mind part of the problem is that they won't be in business for long.

Set up ScamCo 1. Promise the earth. Get lots of punters. Telling clients to just pocket all the cash and everything is fine. After about 2 years, clients will start getting enquiries. Disband ScamCo 1, leaving clients in the poop.

Set up ScamCo 2, different phone number/email/website, but promising the earth again.

Rinse and repeat.

It's a down side of limited liability. Basically you can set up company after company that diddles people, each time running off with the cash. It's very expensive to try to pin this on any of the directors, which is what they'll rely on.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    To my mind part of the problem is that they won't be in business for long.

Set up ScamCo 1. Promise the earth. Get lots of punters. Telling clients to just pocket all the cash and everything is fine. After about 2 years, clients will start getting enquiries. Disband ScamCo 1, leaving clients in the poop.

Set up ScamCo 2, different phone number/email/website, but promising the earth again.

Rinse and repeat.

It's a down side of limited liability. Basically you can set up company after company that diddles people, each time running off with the cash. It's very expensive to try to pin this on any of the directors, which is what they'll rely on.
                    Sure, I know, but to clarify, I meant that there are still enough gullible/greedy/naive people out there who still believe in these fairy tales enough to actually sign up. Enough people to make it lucrative enough to do the rinse and repeat thing. I mean, you do not have to be Sherlock Holmes to deduce that these people are simply unscrupulous scammers hell bent on ripping people off.

Comment

Working...
                    X