• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client wants to pay for hotel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s nothing to worry about. The client just wants to save money. You’re within your right to refuse and make your own arrangements but they probably won’t let you recharge the cost if you go down that route.

It’s a commercial decision, nothing to do with control.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Travelodge/Premier Inn tend not to do large bungs to travel managers.
      FTFY
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My client has to pay for a hotel and flights if they want me onsite. I do not bother how it could be considered by any as that was a commercial offer from my side I am happy with. As a result that gradually built up remote work.

It is normal for them to do the same for their partners/visitors from other countries as a welcome gesture so if a taxman would consider that a employment factor then I will think them incompetent.
        Even if it could be such then I believe among many others on big picture.

Comment

Travelodge/Premier Inn tend not to do good corporate discounts.
          Woo, it's a Hilton!

Comment

Originally posted by Spikeh View Post
            Woo, it's a Hilton!
            Told you so!

Anyway, have you signed up to Hilton Honors yet?
            https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...oinHHonors.htm

Once you have signed up, just let them know your membership number when you check in, and then start chasing the points.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Told you so!

Anyway, have you signed up to Hilton Honors yet?
              https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...oinHHonors.htm

Once you have signed up, just let them know your membership number when you check in, and then start chasing the points.
              Done and done

Comment

Working...
              X