• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do I pay tax on the income of my stocks & shares ISA when I move abroad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I pay tax on the income of my stocks & shares ISA when I move abroad?

So I moved to Europe. Do I have pay taxes on my stocks & shares ISA to the new country?

It depends.

HTH
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
      So I moved to Europe. Do I have pay taxes on my stocks & shares ISA to the new country?
      You moved to Europe so suggests you did not move from the UK.
      Where did you move from, and which country did you move to?

Comment

Europe is made up of 50 countries. Most of these have their own tax laws. Now do you see why your question isn't really sensible?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ujjain View Post
          Yes, unless an ISA is recognised as a tax-free savings and investment vehicle there, which it rarely ever is. Other countries treat ISAs as just ordinary bank or share trading accounts.

Comment

Working...
          X