• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hirer wanting to change part way through contract!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hirer wanting to change part way through contract!

I was interviewed by an NHS Trust in February, and signed a contract with my usual agency on 9/2 to start on 12/2. A rate was agreed (£40 a day) and written in the contract, agreed to be outside IR35 (but this wasn't stated in the contract).

I had performed a role with this agency before, with a different NHS trust, using a deliverables-based contract to keep outside IR35.

During my second week of the contract, I was informed that the Trust's finance department had decided that the role was in fact inside IR35. The agency would not set me up on the timesheet system until it had been sorted. So obviously I couldn't get paid.

I calculated a new rate (with legal/accountants advice) and supplied this to the trust. This has gone to senior management for approval.

I'm now into week 5 of my contract and still haven't submitted a timesheet or been paid a penny. I have today stated I am no longer doing any work until this is sorted. I was then informed that a suggestion was going to be put forward to put me on a fixed term contract at a much lower rate!!!

I am flippin furious and now having a financial crisis. Can I just submit a separate electronic and formal invoice to the agency for work completed up to now at the rate agreed on my contract? And then just assume the contract is not going to carry on and look for another job, or until they agree to pay me the new rate?
    thanks for any help

Originally posted by rozzymoo View Post
    During my second week of the contract, I was informed that the Trust's finance department had decided that the role was in fact inside IR35. The agency would not set me up on the timesheet system until it had been sorted. So obviously I couldn't get paid.

I'm now into week 5 of my contract and still haven't submitted a timesheet or been paid a penny.
    You see where you went wrong dont you?

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
      You see where you went wrong dont you?
      40 quid a day.

Comment

40 quid a day outside has surely got to be a typo but, continuing to work when this situation arose, oh deary, deary me.

Comment

Working...
        X