• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spring Statement 2018 - Like to hear the feedback from the contractors.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Statement 2018 - Like to hear the feedback from the contractors.

"We are the party of small business and the champion of the entrepreneur," said the Chancellor...True?

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    "We are the party of small business and the champion of the entrepreneur," said the Chancellor...True?
    Absolute bollocks they are (not).

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      Absolute bollocks they are (not).
      Pick 100 random contractors and I will show you that 99 of them are neither small businesses nor entrepreneurs but skilled professionals getting paid the full market rate for their skills.

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
        Pick 100 random contractors and I will show you that 99 of them are neither small businesses nor entrepreneurs but skilled professionals getting paid the full market rate for their skills.
        Spot on!

Comment

Skilled??

Comment

Am I allowed to be a small business, an entrepreneur, AND a skilled professional getting full market rate (or maybe a little more) for my skills?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              Am I allowed to be a small business, an entrepreneur, AND a skilled professional getting full market rate (or maybe a little more) for my skills?
              Why do you think I said 99 out of 100 not 100%.

There will always be exceptions but even at current clientco where the contractors could easily set up their own consultancies with help from said client most leave and just take another contract as its easier.

Comment

Has anything contractor related come out of yesterdays statement, particularly regarding potential IR35 changes in the private sector? I've not managed to find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  You (and most of us) are a skilled professional getting paid market rate for the work you do. You operate as a small business for a range of good commercial reasons to link your skills to the demand market

The two are not mutually exclusive. There are too many who fail to realise that.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Pick 100 random contractors and I will show you that 99 of them are neither small businesses nor entrepreneurs but skilled blaggers getting paid as much as they can get away with.
                    FTFY
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X