• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

April 2019 IR35 and backdating of tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2019 IR35 and backdating of tax

This article just popped up in my feed which has alarmed me slightly....

http://www.itcontractor.com/contract...ty-armageddon/

If HMRC do decide to backdate tax payments for contractors from April 2019, does anyone have a view whether this would be backdated for the current client only, or all contracts going back 7 years?

As I said in another thread: Gerry's clickbait again. Best ignored.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

IIRC ir35 is a per contract basis. So what does a client determining your status now have to do with clients/contracts for the previous 7 years.

That said if you’ve been contracting at a single client for 7 years and you’re more likely to be decided as inside by the client I’d get out soon. As I guess you’ll be a hugely easy target.

Comment

KUATB
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
          This article just popped up in my feed which has alarmed me slightly....

http://www.itcontractor.com/contract...ty-armageddon/

If HMRC do decide to backdate tax payments for contractors from April 2019, does anyone have a view whether this would be backdated for the current client only, or all contracts going back 7 years?
          This guy constantly pedals poorly written, alarmist claptrap with just enough truth in it to get people thinking he knows what he’s talking about, all to drive traffic to a trashy site plastered with ads for umbrella companies.

Ignore what he says. He’d be better off working for Buzzfeed.

Comment

Working...
          X