• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is FreeAgent Right for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is FreeAgent Right for me?

Hi All,
    I'm about to start trialling Xero but after reading on here that it for more complex business structures I'm not sure if its right for me. The thing that attracted me to Xero was the tie in with Metro Bank, but it seems the trial doesnt work with the auto feed and I have to faff around with CSVs (if you ask me, how can you trial software if they don't give you all the functions).

A contractor that I was working with used freeagent and swore by it, he banked with Barclays. I'm not too worried about the £30 a month if it saves me time and peace of mind in the long run.

What I'm looking for is something that will work out my Corp Tax and VAT. And Personal Tax based on dividends. From what i've read about FA it offers these functions.

Is the Yodlee feed OK?

Freeagent is perfect is you’re a contractor. That’s what freeagent is designed for. Do you plan to engage an accountant? The tax modules are good but you need to know what you’re doing or have an accountant in the background. Most FA accountants will include the subs in their monthly fee.

Yodlee feeds work well but clarify with your bank if there any privacy issue conflicts.

Xero is also good bit imo a bit overkill for a contractor. I’m a partner for both of them. All but one of my contractor clients are on FA.

Comment

Why don't you get an accountant that offers FA as part of the package?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Gorilla offer FA as part of their package, DM me if you want a referral.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
          Gorilla offer FA as part of their package, DM me if you want a referral.

qh
          no DM me if you want a referral.....
          I'll buy you a beer....
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            no DM me if you want a referral.....
            I'll buy you a beer....
            Nah, just dm me. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
              Nah, just dm me. :-)
              will you give me £100 if he come to you?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

FreeAgent rules !!!!

NatWest give it free

Comment

Seems to be Natwest and RBS

https://www.freeagent.com/central/gi...s-and-natwest/

Comment

The autofeed in Freeagent works perfectly with Metero Bank.

Comment

Working...
                    X