• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outstanding accounts for dissolved company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding accounts for dissolved company

Hi,

As per companies house the status of my company is.

Next accounts made up to 31 March 2017
    due by 31 December 2017

Last accounts made up to 31 March 2016

Also the company's status is dissolved on companieshouse website.

Here are the dates for company dissolved.
    16 May 2017 Final Gazette dissolved via voluntary strike-off
    28 Feb 2017 First Gazette notice for voluntary strike-off
    21 Feb 2017 Application to strike the company off the register

I do have transactions between 01-April-2016 to 31-March-2017 but first we de-register the company from VAT when it was active and then apply for struck off and its been dissolved now.

Do I have to submit the accounts to HMRC or Companies house for the period of 01-April-2016 to 31-March-2017 as the company was trading during this period?

Please advise on this as my accountant is desperate to submit and pay his accounts fee?

Thanks

Companies House won’t accept accounts or other documents unless you have the company restored. That is time consuming, and expensive.

If the transactions from 1 April 2016 onward gave rise to a taxable profit, not otherwise declared yet to HMRC, then ethically a return should be made and tax paid to HMRC, but good luck with that if the company has been struck off, as I suspect HMRC will have closed the reference.

The other issue is that when the company was struck off a declaration was made on the application, that there were no debts owed, which would include taxes. Final accounts should have been prepared and submitted to HMRC before strike off.

Not sure how your accountant would get on invoicing a few to a company that no longer exists either.

You need to have a longer discussion with your accountant - put simply al of this should have been dealt with before strike off.

Comment

Company Dissolved

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
      Hi,

As per companies house the status of my company is.

Next accounts made up to 31 March 2017
      due by 31 December 2017

Last accounts made up to 31 March 2016

Also the company's status is dissolved on companieshouse website.

Here are the dates for company dissolved.
      16 May 2017 Final Gazette dissolved via voluntary strike-off
      28 Feb 2017 First Gazette notice for voluntary strike-off
      21 Feb 2017 Application to strike the company off the register

I do have transactions between 01-April-2016 to 31-March-2017 but first we de-register the company from VAT when it was active and then apply for struck off and its been dissolved now.

Do I have to submit the accounts to HMRC or Companies house for the period of 01-April-2016 to 31-March-2017 as the company was trading during this period?

Please advise on this as my accountant is desperate to submit and pay his accounts fee?

Thanks
      Has the company bank account been closed as well?

As Jessica mentions, Co House won't accept any documents so I presume this would be just to clear any liabilities to HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
        Companies House won’t accept accounts or other documents unless you have the company restored. That is time consuming, and expensive.

If the transactions from 1 April 2016 onward gave rise to a taxable profit, not otherwise declared yet to HMRC, then ethically a return should be made and tax paid to HMRC, but good luck with that if the company has been struck off, as I suspect HMRC will have closed the reference.

The other issue is that when the company was struck off a declaration was made on the application, that there were no debts owed, which would include taxes. Final accounts should have been prepared and submitted to HMRC before strike off.

Not sure how your accountant would get on invoicing a few to a company that no longer exists either.

You need to have a longer discussion with your accountant - put simply al of this should have been dealt with before strike off.
        Jessica has hit the nail on the head. In short the accounts and tax should have been dealt with prior to winding up of the company not the other way round. Your accountant should have advised this to you. I’m pretty certain that if a company is dissolved on Companies House it doesn’t state when the next accounts are due, so something doesn’t quite add up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post

What you mean by HMRC closed the reference? Can you still submit accounts to HMRC for dissolved company?

Can I submit the accounts to HMRC now after the company is dissolved 6 months ago? yes or no ?

Before strike off application I have downloaded all the past bank statements so we do have a record of invoicing.

My simple question is can you submit accounts to HMRC for already dissolved company or not because on the links below people are saying you can't submit accounts to Com house or HMRC for dissolved company

Outstanding accounts for dissolved company | UK Business Forums

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/comm...comment-633235

Please advise.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ifti12 View Post
            My simple question is can you submit accounts to HMRC for already dissolved company or not because on the links below people are saying you can't submit accounts to Com house or HMRC for dissolved company

Outstanding accounts for dissolved company | UK Business Forums

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/comm...comment-633235

Please advise.

thanks
            Put simply:

You cannot to Companies House

You may be able to to HMRC

Even if you can’t to HMRC you must disclose that tax is owed

Comment

By invoicing I meant the accountants invoice to company for accounting services.

Comment

Who decided to dissolve the company? You or your accountant? If you did you tell your accountant?
                And why?
                How does your accountant suggest you progress?

I think there is ALOT of the story not being told here that will have a big effect on the correct advice.

Comment

My question would be, why do you want to? Ethically? Sure, but doubtful this is the reason.

Is there income on that return that you need an assessment for to prove?

Comment

When you dissolved the company, did you prepare the final tax returns for it as well?
                    Did you inform all creditors that you were dissolving it (including HMRC)?

Did you fill out the forms for the voluntary strike-off or did your accountant?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X