• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An agency is asking for an invoice for the value of expenses my umbrella is claiming.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An agency is asking for an invoice for the value of expenses my umbrella is claiming.

My company/umbrella is claiming expenses from my agency, and they are wanting an Invoice for that. The receipts alone are not enough. I think this is wrong, as it means my company/umbrella will have to pay tax on that invoice. The agency is German, the umbrella is in Luxembourg.

It’s completely normal to invoice for recharged expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
      it means my company/umbrella will have to pay tax on that invoice
      why?

It's an expense to the business. Expenses come from gross profit to make a net profit. You pay tax on net profit.

Have you asked your accountant?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
        My company/umbrella is claiming expenses from my agency, and they are wanting an Invoice for that. The receipts alone are not enough. I think this is wrong, as it means my company/umbrella will have to pay tax on that invoice. The agency is German, the umbrella is in Luxembourg.
        Not sure how it works in Luxembourg, but in the UK the umbrella will add the chargeable expenses to the invoice before submitting. In terms of personal tax, it depends on what the expenses is as to whether you are taxed on it or not

Comment

Working...
        X