• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

company return delayed by JSA Account Manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To cut a long story short, I closed my Ltd in October and have been waiting for my accountant to complete the final year end account, then they would let HMRC know I want to process the refund of CT(thousands of pounds).

After 7 weeks, they still not complete the year end account. So the process of CT refund (basically everything) is delayed.

When I asked about the progress, my account manager said I should be aware that JSA signs their priorities base on the clients' deadline. So in other words, because my company year end deadline is not coming soon, i should keep waiting.

I have already paid them the company closing fees plus one month accountant fees extra (completely unnecessary as company already ceased trading and HMRC informed). And I only left 3 months bank charges in the business account as I know that CT refund could take more than 4 weeks and its probably another 2 weeks for accountant to complete the final year end.

I am just wondering if this is the current practise for other accountants? Is it fare to keep me waiting and delaying the CT refund process?

ps, I will not comment on their service on this post but probably will share my past experience with them in another post for others reference.

Originally posted by 7of9 View Post
    To cut a long story short, I closed my Ltd in October and have been waiting for my accountant to complete the final year end account, then they would let HMRC know I want to process the refund of CT(thousands of pounds).

After 7 weeks, they still not complete the year end account. So the process of CT refund (basically everything) is delayed.

When I asked about the progress, my account manager said I should be aware that JSA signs their priorities base on the clients' deadline. So in other words, because my company year end deadline is not coming soon, i should keep waiting.

I have already paid them the company closing fees plus one month accountant fees extra (completely unnecessary as company already ceased trading and HMRC informed). And I only left 3 months bank charges in the business account as I know that CT refund could take more than 4 weeks and its probably another 2 weeks for accountant to complete the final year end.

I am just wondering if this is the current practise for other accountants? Is it fare to keep me waiting and delaying the CT refund process?

ps, I will not comment on their service on this post but probably will share my past experience with them in another post for others reference.
    This is to be expected with one of those internet hoover up contractors accountancy firms who are only interested in your money not you and your business. You should have used a proper local accountancy business.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
      This is to be expected with one of those internet hoover up contractors accountancy firms who are only interested in your money not you and your business. You should have used a proper local accountancy business.
      I visited 3 local accountancy business and 2 well known contractors accountancy firms on this forum when I first started contracting 7 years ago. I chose planIT that was great for the first 2.5 years and they went bust and JSA took over. Then...it is like this now. The local accountancy business were not interested in my business neither and one of the accountants even said "I only speak to my clients once a year, then don't want to see them again"...not impressed!

Comment

I visited 3 local accountancy business and 2 well known contractors accountancy firms on this forum when I first started contracting 7 years ago. I chose planIT that was great for the first 2.5 years and they went bust and JSA took over. Then...it is like this now. The local accountancy business were not interested in my business neither and one of the accountants even said "I only speak to my clients once a year, then don't want to see them again"...not impressed!
        There’s a middle ground. Many of the accountants on here are small firms who have the expertise and can provide the personal touch.

Comment

1w
          Last edited by Andrew@Wisteria; 20 December 2017, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            There’s a middle ground. Many of the accountants on here are small firms who have the expertise and can provide the personal touch.
            One of which is in the same building as JSA! :-)

Comment

JSA

Originally posted by Andrew@HillierHopkins View Post
              One of which is in the same building as JSA! :-)
              JSA seem to be hoovering up other practices at the moment let alone clients.

Agree with the guys above, stick with those that actively post and give advice, bit more of a personal touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
                JSA seem to be hoovering up other practices at the moment let alone clients.

Agree with the guys above, stick with those that actively post and give advice, bit more of a personal touch.
                Including my old firm!

Comment

To me JSA means jobseekers allowance - so who are JSA accountants?

Comment

Yes, most accountants will always work on filing deadline dates as a way to prioritise the work. Unless there is an urgent reason such as mortgage applications, etc.

However, most will vary this between trading companies and then closures at the same time so this process can be finished.

On average, I would say that 2 - 3 months to prepare the closure accounts would be a reasonable period, as long as the deadline dates are not before this.

If you are due a large CT refund, I would continue to add some pressure, as it can take HMRC a loooooong time to do anything.

HTH.
                    We're all ears!

Comment

Working...
                    X