• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 types of businesses under the same company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 types of businesses under the same company?

Hi All,

I'm a software development contractor. I have my own limited company.

I want to sell stuffs (not related to computers/software) in Amazon. Is it possible to account for both business activities under the same limited company?

Originally posted by premkumaranand View Post
    Hi All,

I want to sell stuffs (not related to computers/software) in Amazon. Is it possible to account for both business activities under the same limited company?
    Generally it is, but if they are clearly separate streams there may be vat advantages in having a separate entitiy. Downside admin and costs, upside vat saving. Also possible advantage in isolating one entity from the other from a risk perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by premkumaranand View Post
      Hi All,

Yes and it isnt difficult. I have done this in the past. Just keep both income streams separate for invoice and expense purposes.

Comment

Working...
      X