• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to France with a continuing UK Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to France with a continuing UK Contract

Hi all,
    (Duplicated from the general thread)

I am soon moving to France. I have a UK contract which can mostly be done by work from home but will certainly involve visits to the office in east anglia.

Does anyone have experience of how best to set things up with this in mind?

I currently have a UK limited company and live in the UK.

I have recently heard from Challenge & Co (freelanceinfrance.com) who offer an umbrella company (french style for english speakers) - has anyone any experience of them?

Basically any help in these matters and associated issues would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers
    Les

There was a recent thread about this - basically it's French tax and French social security, better bend over and take the fisting......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      There was a recent thread about this - basically it's French tax and French social security, better bend over and take the fisting......
      Thanks how recent was that thread - I will have a look if I a can find it. Understand it becomes french tax etc and that social stuff is very expensive. Really looking for info on how to manage... is an umbrella company the way to go... etc..

Comment

Originally posted by coops View Post
        Thanks how recent was that thread - I will have a look if I a can find it. Understand it becomes french tax etc and that social stuff is very expensive. Really looking for info on how to manage... is an umbrella company the way to go... etc..
        Also look into registering as self-employed in France and invoice your UK company. It can turn out to be more tax efficient. Failing that, I'd suggest a French umbrella that invoices your UK company. You don't want your UK company to operate French payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
          Also look into registering as self-employed in France and invoice your UK company. It can turn out to be more tax efficient. Failing that, I'd suggest a French umbrella that invoices your UK company. You don't want your UK company to operate French payroll.
          Thanks thats a smart idea. Presumably I could then continue to pay my pension contributions....?

Comment

Working...
          X