• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gorilla Accounting- spam?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread i know but they must be persisting with this as I’ve had a client forward a letter he received. The headline is “are you getting value for money from BroomeAffinity?” They charge more than us!!
    As long as 'you' offer a good responsive service at a reasonable price - can't see too many switchers from this approach. Someone needs either poor service or a super amazing incentive to switch accountant I would imagine.

Comment

I agree. Just seems a bit tawdry.

Comment

I agree. Just seems a bit tawdry.
        There’s sales and sales. It’s a bit desperate.

Comment

They charge more than us!!
          While I agree that aggressive marketing like this is pretty annoying/underhand - the advertised rate on your website is £89+vat, theirs is £85+vat, so I don't think this statement is true? (unless I'm missing something?)

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            While I agree that aggressive marketing like this is pretty annoying/underhand - the advertised rate on your website is £89+vat, theirs is £85+vat, so I don't think this statement is true? (unless I'm missing something?)
            I'd hate to have an accountant that thought £89+vat is less than £85+vat.

Are both giving free self-assessment returns to directors? What are their charges for opening a company, or changing shareholding? Have you compared the services they offer? Unless you've done that, a straight price comparison isn't valid, and you probably shouldn't be calling out Alan on it without checking to see.

Of course, if the services are comparable we should heap every ounce of humiliation on him that we can muster. Tarred and feathered, all that. Make him wear a scarlet "4" as a reminder that 89 is more than 85. I'm sure the forum could come up with a few other ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
              I'd hate to have an accountant that thought £89+vat is less than £85+vat.

Are both giving free self-assessment returns to directors? What are their charges for opening a company, or changing shareholding? Have you compared the services they offer? Unless you've done that, a straight price comparison isn't valid, and you probably shouldn't be calling out Alan on it without checking to see.

Of course, if the services are comparable we should heap every ounce of humiliation on him that we can muster. Tarred and feathered, all that. Make him wear a scarlet "4" as a reminder that 89 is more than 85. I'm sure the forum could come up with a few other ideas.
              IMO if Alan's point is that "they charge more than us" (whilst his price is higher), he should be outlining such comparisons pro-actively to back up his statement

his point wasn't "we offer more value than they do", it was "they charge more than us" ...

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                Mea culpa.

I thought they charged £95 plus vat.

Don’t chastise me for not being able to count. Just for not being able to remember. Or read.

Comment

Don’t chastise me for not being able to count. Just for not being able to remember. Or read.
                  Oh, that's encouraging. An accountant who DOES know that 89 > 85 , but can't read or remember.

Just exactly what I've been looking for.

Comment

Working...
                  X