• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting remotely from Ireland with UK company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverBirch View Post
    Yes, I could imagine the Irish revenue people wouldn't take too kindly to me telling them I'm not working there if I'm typing at a computer 8 hours a day. If that were the case, then any company would have all their computing power offshore, and say "all these people you're telling me are working here and should be paying tax and NI - they're not - they're working in the cloud, in some indeterminate country."
    It would be difficult for them to know I'm working there if I didn't tell them, but as with everything else, the money trail would eventually lead them to my door!
    The counterpart is that I could sit in the UK providing services remotely for a company in Qatar and pay 0% income tax in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      The counterpart is that I could sit in the UK providing services remotely for a company in Qatar and pay 0% income tax in Qatar.
      Qatar wasn't in the EU last time I looked.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        I didn't even have to look to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          I didn't even have to look to know that.
          i give up, you don't/won't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Matters not, there is no tax harmonization within EU.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Matters not, there is no tax harmonization within EU.
              Bingo!

Comment

Working...
              X