• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment being held up due to client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment being held up due to client?

I work for an agency who intern is being paid by a client services organisation who then deal with the direct client. Bit of a complex 3 way relationship.

This morning I happened to ask when my first October invoice will be paid and was told by the agency, when they are paid by the client. I am pretty sure I am not responsible for them being paid by the client?

Originally posted by Sgpg View Post
    I work for an agency who intern is being paid by a client services organisation who then deal with the direct client. Bit of a complex 3 way relationship.

This morning I happened to ask when my first October invoice will be paid and was told by the agency, when they are paid by the client. I am pretty sure I am not responsible for them being paid by the client?
    What does your contract say?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm pretty sure you'll have a contract that you should cover all this and you should have read before you signed. You shouldn't be starting work if you don't understand how and when you get paid at the very least.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

the organisation i work for pay its suppler in 90 days end of month - expect payment around February 28th

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I'm pretty sure you'll have a contract that you should cover all this and you should have read before you signed. You shouldn't be starting work if you don't understand how and when you get paid at the very least.
          Yes I do understand how and when I will be paid within the contract. It was not in there.
          I have since received clarification that this specifically covers expenses which talks about approval which I met, but does not mention that the agency needed paying before this is passed back to me.

Comment

Yes I do understand how and when I will be paid within the contract. It was not in there.
            I have since received clarification that this specifically covers expenses which talks about approval which I met, but does not mention that the agency needed paying before this is passed back to me.
            What payment terms are in your contract? Ask the agency to comply with them. If they won't tell the end-client that you may have to leave. Do Dunning and then leave if they give you hassle.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It’s not uncommon for expenses to be paid on payment rather rather than on submission.
              There will be a clause about expenses but it’s likely to be vague and only talk about approval in advance.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It's fairly standard for expenses to be paid by the agent only on receipt of payment from the client.
                Most clients and agents want separate invoices for them.
                Expenses are treated differently from time - if the first post had mentioned it was about expenses, you'd probably have got a quicker answer.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X