• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - public sector - vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cojak
    replied
    Take a look at The Future of Contracting forum because people have gotten there before you.

But you’re forgiven because of the beer-goggles.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    IR35 was created by a labour government. The public sector changes were sold as a way of keeping costs down and tax take up - I suspect it hasn't worked but hey they can hide that bit of news.

Then again you mention a CLSO 2019 charge so we really don't need to investigate your ideas any further....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    No, it’s no good...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    IR35? Vote Labour??

It’s only because you posted in a Professional forum that I’m not laughing hysterically at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Joolsey86
    started a topic IR35 - public sector - vote Labour

IR35 - public sector - vote Labour

Hi.

I was the leader of the Young Conservatives at one of my universities.

I have always believed that low taxation and the belief in entrepreneurial spirit are what has created such a robust economy the UK has today.

However, if the IR35 extension (to the private sector)*occurs on the 22nd November, then to all intents and purposes, we are still at war in the Middle East and Gordon Brown is still the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

I suggest a twitter campaign by all IPSE, Big Group, Shout99, Contractor UK that we will all vote Labour at the next general election.

I abhor Corbyn and his Venezuelan politics, but I will absolutely vote for him at the next general election, if IR35 is extended to the private sector, then the CONservatives are dead, and I will do all I can to remove them from the debate.

-- How can I pay my a) CLSO b) April 2019 charge, if my income if reduced to the point there is no capacity to save?

(Slightly tipsy)

Joolsey

Working...
X