• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 - public sector - vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote UKIP then?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Joolsey86 View Post
      @Mudskipper already harangued my MP.
      And that's a reason for you not to?

It's a numbers game; the more that complain the more impact it has.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

@Mudskipper already harangued my MP.
        Then write a similar letter.

Do it now as it will be sent immediately by writeToThem.

The more your MP worries about not being re-elected the better for all of us, especially when the Tories have had to use the DUP to form a government.

In future when campaigns start I'm going to remind posters due to lazy people don't mention who your MP is.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Then write a similar letter.

Do it now as it will be sent immediately by writeToThem.

The more your MP worries about not being re-elected the better for all of us, especially when the Tories have had to use the DUP to form a government.

In future when campaigns start I'm going to remind posters due to lazy people don't mention who your MP is.
          I'm presuming OP was missing a comma.

@Mudskipper, [I have] already harangued my MP. ICBW...

Comment

To clarify I have written to my MP twice (Andrew Rosindell).

Comment

Excellent. Ignore my earlier post...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately my MP is Michael Gove 🤓. Previous one was Phillip Hammond😵. I miss remember to check who, the next time I buy a house...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I abhor Corbyn and his Venezuelan politics, but I will absolutely vote for him at the next general election, if IR35 is extended to the private sector, then the CONservatives are dead, and I will do all I can to remove them from the debate
                    Amazing, so you think that your salvation will come from putting Corbyn and his his Marxist cronies into power! He would utterly destroy the private sector and contractors will be swept up by that Marxist zeal.

This issue is all due to our over complicated tax system. The argument is why should contractors be able to manage how they are taxed by being able to allocate shares to a spouse, manipulate their salary level, exploit expenses etc, build up cash and pay little tax when closing a company. Many others in the ‘gig economy’ cannot do this. So for the average person it looks unfair.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Unfortunately my MP is Michael Gove 🤓. Previous one was Phillip Hammond😵. I miss remember to check who, the next time I buy a house...
                      You want to buy in a marginal.

Then you can have fun and games.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X