• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Numpty Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numpty Question

I'm being head hunted again.

The new Employer has asked me to do an "Enhanced Disclosure". I do basic ones all the time, but I've reached a part of the form that's a little perplexing.

Part E is asking for my "Employer" to fill in that part of the form. My LtdCo is my "Employer".

Right? Or do I need someone else to fill this bit in? I phoned the number to ask them, and after 25 mins of waiting I gave up...

Can't really askthe employer employing me though my LtdCo, it's all a bit hushy at the moment...

Too much 'employer' in there. You going for a perm gig?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Employment Disclosure

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
      I'm being head hunted again.

The new Employer has asked me to do an "Enhanced Disclosure". I do basic ones all the time, but I've reached a part of the form that's a little perplexing.

Part E is asking for my "Employer" to fill in that part of the form. My LtdCo is my "Employer".

Right? Or do I need someone else to fill this bit in? I phoned the number to ask them, and after 25 mins of waiting I gave up...

Can't really askthe employer employing me though my LtdCo, it's all a bit hushy at the moment...
      Sounds like a form geared up for a permie role but your employer is your limited company.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Too much 'employer' in there. You going for a perm gig?
        Only "Perm" as in they are offering me two years of work. No, I'll never go "Permy". Can't afford to lose that much income...

Comment

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
          Only "Perm" as in they are offering me two years of work. No, I'll never go "Permy". Can't afford to lose that much income...
          Couldn't you make it 23.9 months?

EDIT : Oh, you've said it's perm so must be inside IR35 so no expenses so forget that.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
            Sounds like a form geared up for a permie role but your employer is your limited company.
            So "I" get to fill part E in then. Hmm...

"Standard & Enhanced
            Standard and Enhanced levels are more detailed disclosures
            that are job specific or job related. They require a registered
            person, which is normally your employer to complete Part E of
            the application form. Two copies of the certificate will be issued,
            one to the applicant at the home address entered at B37-B43 and
            one copy to the Registered Person. The Registered Person should
            inform you what type of Disclosure is required."

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Couldn't you make it 23.9 months?

EDIT : Oh, you've said it's perm so must be inside IR35 so no expenses so forget that.
              No, not inside IR35 at all. I'm freelance, they can let me go at any time, I can chose to leave at any time, same "conditions" as my current work situation. Just it will be a different company paying my invoices.

But they are telling me the tasking could be up to 2 years, it won't be at the same place of work. Or even the same tasking. I'm in Construction, not Coding.

Comment

I think the word you are looking for when approaching completing this form is "pragmatic". A situation you likely to often find yourself in when the client wants a temporary employee and engages you.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

What is Part E asking for?

But, yes, you are employed by your Ltd Co. Sometimes in these cases validation from your accountant will suffice.

Comment

I've been called Pragmatic once or twice. Well, it had P,R,A & the odd T in there somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                    X