• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car PCP through Ltd company - bad credit rating?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car PCP through Ltd company - bad credit rating?

I recently applied for a PCP deal on a new car through my Ltd company rather than personally (zero emission car, low BiK, seemed a good deal). The PCP was declined because the Ltd company has a bad Experian credit score. This is simply because of the way I (and most other contractors) operate. No assets or property, low balance at the end of every year, all profit taken as dividends etc.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or do you know of any finance companies offering car PCP for contractors?

Low balance and all profit taken as dividends? Is that how most contractors operate? Don’t you have a war chest?

Comment

Why not buy it via PCP personally?

You could always buy it via Bermuda. Drive it to IoM for 30 minutes....

Comment

Won't it becasue its got no credit history rather than bad history?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Give lingscars a ring

See what they say

Comment

My credit rating is really good and I'm a contractor of many years standing. In DK/IRL last year or so and it's still the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Padge View Post
              I recently applied for a PCP deal on a new car through my Ltd company rather than personally (zero emission car, low BiK, seemed a good deal). The PCP was declined because the Ltd company has a bad Experian credit score. This is simply because of the way I (and most other contractors) operate. No assets or property, low balance at the end of every year, all profit taken as dividends etc.

Does anyone know of a way around this, or do you know of any finance companies offering car PCP for contractors?
              Utter rubbish, the limited co application wasnt declined because of the way 'you' operate. It was declined because the limited co doesnt have a sufficient credit record history. This is most likely because the limited co is under 3 years old or you \ any other directors have a poor credit history (oh yes it can if directors have been naughty).

Comment

How long as your company been running?
                Who were you applying for the PCP through?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Padge View Post

PCP stands for Personal Contract Purchase.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the great replies. It has reminded me why I never bother with message boards.

Comment

Working...
                    X