• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in the Netherlands - accounting / legal companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in the Netherlands - accounting / legal companies?

Hello All,

I am about to start contracting, with 60-80% of my time spent, and therefore earnings being taxable, in the Netherlands. I’ll be billing and paying in Euros, aside from a bit of UK work, but will continue to live in the UK and travelling up and down weekly.

Can anyone recommend UK contractor services / accountants who have experience with similar scenarios?

Much appreciated!

Originally posted by Exabner View Post
    Hello All,

I am about to start contracting, with 60-80% of my time spent, and therefore earnings being taxable, in the Netherlands. I’ll be billing and paying in Euros, aside from a bit of UK work, but will continue to live in the UK and travelling up and down weekly.

Can anyone recommend UK contractor services / accountants who have experience with similar scenarios?

Much appreciated!
    No I can recommend a Dutch one if you like ?

You do know you pay Dutch tax from day 1 ?

Comment

Are you being paid by a Dutch agency/client?

Comment

You'll also be tax resident in the UK too and have to put up with the Dutch...

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Are you being paid by a Dutch agency/client?
          Paid by a Dutch client, yes. I can set up a Dutch BV or a Ltd Co in the UK - I’m trying to assess which is better to do, or whether it makes a significant difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
            No I can recommend a Dutch one if you like ?

You do know you pay Dutch tax from day 1 ?
            Thanks Tarbera, yes please - do you know if they’re familiar with the interplay with the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Exabner View Post
              Paid by a Dutch client, yes. I can set up a Dutch BV or a Ltd Co in the UK - I’m trying to assess which is better to do, or whether it makes a significant difference.
              You may be better just using a Dutch payroll co if you're primary employment is there.
              a BV is a lot of aggro for not much saving IIRC

Comment

you can apply for expat tax which I believe is 30% flat rate if you haven't lived for a certain amount of time in your life in NL
                Dutch version of IR35 is a lot more strict then the UK version and as a result some companies don't even want to deal with BVs and only workers thorugh an umbrella

Comment

Working...
                X