• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Assigned my 3rd accountant in 15 months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
    I wouldn't worry, its usually a sign of them being good and moving on to other roles. What you really don't want is to get stuck with the same one for years because they are struggling with the basics!!!
    Its usually a sign of people leaving, for whatever reason.

Continuity of accountant may or may not be a good thing (I think it is), but to suggest having the same one for years is because they are struggling with the basics is a bizarre argument
    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
      Its usually a sign of people leaving, for whatever reason.
      In this instance that is not the case, I was told because of their expansion and being assigned more responsibility i would be assigned a new accountant to "maintain the same level of service".

Which I believe since my last accountant is in my linkedin profile and his role changed from accountant to team leader or something

Comment

Looks like you've got a thing or two to learn about accountancy Simon

Comment

Originally posted by akhtara7 View Post
          In this instance that is not the case, I was told because of their expansion and being assigned more responsibility i would be assigned a new accountant to "maintain the same level of service".

Which I believe since my last accountant is in my linkedin profile and his role changed from accountant to team leader or something
          So what you mean is the good ones move on and you get transferred to a trainee?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            Looks like you've got a thing or two to learn about accountancy Simon
            :-) Learning all the time....

Comment

Was just checking my records for something else and noticed the name of another accountant i had forgotten about, so it's not 3 accountants it's actually 4 in 15 months. My first accountant was with me for about a month, forgot about him completely.

I should just brush it off but the fact i mentioned the constant changing of accountants was one of the main reason for leaving SJD and this time round it's worse.
              Last edited by aa2006; 25 October 2017, 12:42. Reason: added context

Comment

Was just checking my records for something else and noticed the name of another accountant i had forgotten about, so it's not 3 accountants it's actually 4 in 15 months. My first accountant was with me for about a month, forgot about him completely.

I should just brush it off but the fact i mentioned the constant changing of accountants was one of the main reason for leaving SJD and this time round it's worse.
                Am sure they have all been promoted to team leaders to cope with the growth. Just hope the current one doesn't struggle with the basics.....

Comment

As was suggested by a "well-known" poster, i sent over my concerns to the MD and asked that my name be added to the bottom of their list to move people.

Also that this poster has volunteered to take my place in any subsequent changes to accountants

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                    Am sure they have all been promoted to team leaders to cope with the growth. Just hope the current one doesn't struggle with the basics.....
                    I have not been concerned about competencies, even the new chap who is looking after my accounts seems to be on the ball. Filing my personal tax return and informing me of a nice bit of tax refund, which is a little more than i expected. (No matter who the accountant is or how experienced i always double check everything as end of the day I am responsible for my own tax affairs)

Comment

I have not been concerned about competencies, even the new chap who is looking after my accounts seems to be on the ball. Filing my personal tax return and informing me of a nice bit of tax refund, which is a little more than i expected. (No matter who the accountant is or how experienced i always double check everything as end of the day I am responsible for my own tax affairs)
                      Good for you. You sound like the ideal client!

Comment

Working...
                      X