• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DIY End of Year Accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    There's a guy called Alan @ BroomeAffinity who might be able to help [emoji6]
    Brilliant, thanks.....do you have any contact details for him???

Comment

If yiu remove the spaces and add .com to his user name you'll get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
        If yiu remove the spaces and add .com to his user name you'll get him.
        like this - [email protected]

Only joking obviously. Will be in touch Alan.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Equally you do need a proper accountant - who would have told you to borrow money from the bank for that car rather than using a directors loan. It would have been nearly as cheap and far less hassle....
          Is that true? 2.5% interest paid back into your company (not "lost" to a bank)

Slight cashflow drop for the 25% temporary corporation tax but YourCo gets that back once it's paid up - can't see how it would have been "nearly as cheap"? - He'll have saved enough to pay his new accountant

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            Is that true? 2.5% interest paid back into your company (not "lost" to a bank)

Slight cashflow drop for the 25% temporary corporation tax but YourCo gets that back once it's paid up - can't see how it would have been "nearly as cheap"? - He'll have saved enough to pay his new accountant
            Thanks for that clarity as I understood there was a 25% temporary tax which I eventually got back. Worrying thing is that when I asked my accountant if this was true they said no but they'd check. Eventually came back and said "oh yeah, you're right".

Not only am I not paying interest to a bank, but the interest I would have normally paid on a bank loan i'm putting into a fund. Obviously this can go the other way but i'm hoping over the medium to long term that this investment pays for the depreciation on the car and the interest due to My company. Time will tell.

Comment

Another quick question. In terms of time to complete my annual return and corp tax, i've got approx 9 months after my year end to submit anything to HMRC and CH don't I? So I have to time to look into all this given my end of year is 31/10?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by busgrw View Post
                Thanks for that clarity as I understood there was a 25% temporary tax which I eventually got back. Worrying thing is that when I asked my accountant if this was true they said no but they'd check. Eventually came back and said "oh yeah, you're right".

Not only am I not paying interest to a bank, but the interest I would have normally paid on a bank loan i'm putting into a fund. Obviously this can go the other way but i'm hoping over the medium to long term that this investment pays for the depreciation on the car and the interest due to My company. Time will tell.
                But you'll pay CT on the interest and then further tax as you take it out won't you?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Another quick question. In terms of time to complete my annual return and corp tax, i've got approx 9 months after my year end to submit anything to HMRC and CH don't I? So I have to time to look into all this given my end of year is 31/10?

Thanks
                  I'd ask my accountant Alan. I'm sure he'll tell you it's not approx...
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks
                    Yes, you have 9 months. However, the sooner you get your affairs in order, the sooner you know what your liability is and the longer you have time to save up (assuming you don't have a ring-fenced kitty you chuck money into on a regular basis) to pay the bill, which is due at the end of that 9 month period.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Yes, you have 9 months. However, the sooner you get your affairs in order, the sooner you know what your liability is and the longer you have time to save up (assuming you don't have a ring-fenced kitty you chuck money into on a regular basis) to pay the bill, which is due at the end of that 9 month period.
                      think annual return is due to CH sooner?

Comment

Working...
                      X