• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD Accountancy - returning to quality service standards?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD Accountancy - returning to quality service standards?

We've seen a lot of criticism about SJD accountancy recently. But have they turned the corner? If you look at trustpilot, they had some shocking reviews, but in the last month, they've had 47 consecutive four or five star reviews!! Time to re-evaluate and give them another chance?

http://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www....ncy.com?page=3

With a massive firm like that where I'm sure they'll be split into a large number of fairly separate teams from the perspective of dealing with clients, it doesn't surprise me that people's experiences differ.

Some teams will have a great accountant (or two) who's been with the firm a while and knows what they're doing/is on top of things. Others there'll be an issue with staff turnover which we sometimes hear about, so the main person/people you speak to keep changing, and never really get on top of things leading to an awkward service to the client.

...tho maybe you're a bit cynical around the sudden appearance of lots of good reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
      We've seen a lot of criticism about SJD accountancy recently. But have they turned the corner? If you look at trustpilot, they had some shocking reviews, but in the last month, they've had 47 consecutive four or five star reviews!! Time to re-evaluate and give them another chance?

http://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www....ncy.com?page=3
      Extraordinary. Even more so that many of the new reviews are based in the US.

Can't ask fro more than this though:

" Our currently accountant, Jennifer West, have gave us all the data we required for a new contract with issues of UK-EU accounting. She also organized an important VAT return to our limited from HMRC, and currently keeps our numbers for the UK and also EU. She is unique, very clever, always fast, reliable, brilliant professional, and always give to us all the options we have"
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

SJD

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
        ...tho maybe you're a bit cynical around the sudden appearance of lots of good reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
          Extraordinary. Even more so that many of the new reviews are based in the US.

Can't ask fro more than this though:

" Our currently accountant, Jennifer West, have gave us all the data we required for a new contract with issues of UK-EU accounting. She also organized an important VAT return to our limited from HMRC, and currently keeps our numbers for the UK and also EU. She is unique, very clever, always fast, reliable, brilliant professional, and always give to us all the options we have"
          It's certainly a turnaround since:

Easyjet of accounting

As per the other reviews. Poor service, they only do any work once you have twisted their arm. I have to check and question everything myself. They also have now launched an online portal for which I seem to be a software tester for as some features either don't exist or don't work very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            With a massive firm like that where I'm sure they'll be split into a large number of fairly separate teams from the perspective of dealing with clients, it doesn't surprise me that people's experiences differ.

Some teams will have a great accountant (or two) who's been with the firm a while and knows what they're doing/is on top of things. Others there'll be an issue with staff turnover which we sometimes hear about, so the main person/people you speak to keep changing, and never really get on top of things leading to an awkward service to the client.

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
            You lot are terrible. Kick your competitors when they're doing a good job.

Comment

Its only now do we think we've sorted out the taxation mess that SJD created after we left them for someone who knows what they're doing.

When reading reviews pay careful attention to who's posting them
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

If you're going to do a terrible job, you may as well charge the earth for it.

They got that part right.

Comment

You know that trust pilot cannot be trusted? Companies reviewed on Trust pilot can delete reviews themselves if they have an account. But having said that I agree SJD has improved, was at the verge of leaving them about 2 years ago as I had another accountant every 6 months, things have stabilised now and their service has improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    You know that trust pilot cannot be trusted? Companies reviewed on Trust pilot can delete reviews themselves if they have an account. But having said that I agree SJD has improved, was at the verge of leaving them about 2 years ago as I had another accountant every 6 months, things have stabilised now and their service has improved.
                    So what you are saying is that you really shouldn't trust people you haven't spoken to, met or even know exist?
                    P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Working...
                    X