• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Isn’t there capital adequacy rules for ICAEW members?

Edit: Woops. Too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post

Edit: Woops. Too late.
      Makes a change from being too soon doesn't it Alan
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nixon Williams seem to have vanished off the face of the earth this week.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          It can be a very busy time in the run up to 5 April, with clients panicking about how much to do as a last minute dividend/SIPP contribution this tax year.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
            It can be a very busy time in the run up to 5 April, with clients panicking about how much to do as a last minute dividend/SIPP contribution this tax year.
            Absolutely, but how many days delay are you currently offering in acknowledging client emails?
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Absolutely, but how many days delay are you currently offering in acknowledging client emails?
              NXW have no SLA’s for responding to emails and the client charter is a marketing ad. If you query the delayed response to emails they don’t care.

The sooner you get away the better!
              Last edited by rocketjet; 5 April 2018, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketjet View Post
                NXW have no SLA’s for responding to emails and the client charter is a marketing ad. If you query the delayed response to emails they don’t care.
                It didn’t used to be like that. Private equity rules now and so looking for the nearest exit with big profits is the only aim. Long term interest in a business and the service it provides doesn’t seem to be a factor with many private equity backed businesses.
                "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Not had a problem myself this week - quick turnaround on my monthly accounts.

How long they take to turn around my end of year accounts this year remains to seen though. My patience has run thin so any unacceptable delays this time and I'll be looking to change.
                  Last edited by Dark Black; 5 April 2018, 21:08.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    Not had a problem myself this week - quick turnaround on my monthly accounts.

How long they take to turn around my end of year accounts this year remains to seen though. My patience has run thin so any unacceptable delays this time and I'll be looking to change.
                    Good luck with that. A few of my colleagues still with NXW have been waiting over 6 weeks for these to materialise.

Comment

Fair point. A couple of hours perhaps. Responding to client queries is our primary priority. Completion of statutory accounts generally gets put on hold, unless they're particularly urgent for some reason (filing deadline or required for mortgage/similar). Hadn't realised you meant they literally weren't responding to anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X