• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
    Same here.

Having to prod them to get things done too.

They used to be excellent. Something has changed for the worse & it seems to have coincided with their introduction of an automailer system for payroll etc. You'd have thought that would have freed up their staff to make everything more not less efficient.

Maybe there's been a headcount....
    Ditto, had to pull them up on several issues recently and only just got my final accounts, 6 months late after a lot of prodding.

Great shame as they used to be excellent.. Keeping my options open and if things don't improve will be looking a for a new accountant next year.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in Accounting? Mods?
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

I'm afraid I have to agree also.

Still waiting my EOY accounts that are 6 months late. NW used to be amazing but I'm quite concerned now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
          Shouldn't this thread be in Accounting? Mods?
          Agreed. Plenty more like it over there too....
          P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank View Post
            Same with me too. Used to be great but now I have to chase things every quarter and have also just had to forward my 'main contact' details of what her team leader put through in June as she had nothing on record. Some process / procedure issues there I think. Leaving at next year end.
            Yes I know replying to my own post is rubbish but.....

The response I received today from NW suggests the Team Leader has departed and the 'main contact' updates on my accounts show either the advice I received from the (now departed) was wrong or the review by my 'main contact' is wrong.

Mess I could do without. Will be looking to start the process of changing accountants tomorrow.

Comment

I second that

I left last year because of it. They've been the worst accountants I've ever had. A year of mistakes and terrible service. Since I complained they have been unhelpful, aggressive and even a little bit malicious in our dealings.
              Lisa: "Gary, you can't blame yourself for what gorillas did."

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I want Avatars!

I want strap lines!

I want signatures!

AND I WANT THEM NOW!!

If these guys can have them then so can we!!
                Time to move on...
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by babybel View Post
                  I left last year because of it. They've been the worst accountants I've ever had. A year of mistakes and terrible service. Since I complained they have been unhelpful, aggressive and even a little bit malicious in our dealings.
                  Good news is there are still a few really good firms out there.....
                  P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    Ditto, had to pull them up on several issues recently and only just got my final accounts, 6 months late after a lot of prodding.
                    Do you mean 6 months after they were supposed to be filed or 6 months after year end?
                    If it's the latter it's bad, but not 'late'.

Comment

I too am growing concerned about the poor level of service from Nixon Williams. I’ve complained in the past but it’s beginning to be more hassle than it’s worth to receive the service as described in their ‘client charter’.

I’ve waited days for e-mail responses and my Year end accounts are still to be completed 8 weeks later even though the client charter states 4 weeks. I e-mailed my accountant 2 weeks ago to inform them I needed them for an appointment with my mortgage broker. I just chased up my accountant after cancelling 2 appointments and have received a terse response from the Team Leader saying I will receive them in ‘due course’. I replied immediately and received an out of office.

These are all signs of a company grown too large to care about the paying client and whether they leave. I’ve complained and escalated my concerns, only to be told the delays are due to annual leave. I expect these excuses from a one man bandwagon but not a company the size of Nixon Williams. Customer service skills are also non-existent hence why the increased customer dissatisfaction.

In search of a FreeAgent friendly accountant...
                      Last edited by rocketjet; 25 October 2017, 21:27.

Comment

Working...
                      X