• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    Isn't it more stereotypical accountant lack of imagination?
    You should've asked us for ideas.

AAA Accountancy Ltd.

Crooks' Books Ltd.

Not Darren Upton Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      You should've asked us for ideas.

AAA Accountancy Ltd.

Crooks' Books Ltd.

Not Darren Upton Ltd.
      :-) Can feel a new thread coming on!
      P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Interesting that this forum is on the first page of google in a search for Nixon Williams, looks like I’m not the only one that has noticed a change in them. I've been with them years but they've gone downhill so looking to move at year end. Has anybody got experience of moving away from them? Is it straight forward or can I expect problems there too?

Comment

Accountants

I'm sure many of the other accountants have experience in clients moving from NW, quite a simple process. Let them know where you're moving to, the incoming accountants should then take it from there. Only issue could be the migration from their system onto a more freely available platform such as Freeagent, but the new accountants should be able to assist with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mash View Post
            Interesting that this forum is on the first page of google in a search for Nixon Williams, looks like I’m not the only one that has noticed a change in them. I've been with them years but they've gone downhill so looking to move at year end. Has anybody got experience of moving away from them? Is it straight forward or can I expect problems there too?
            Good Afternoon Mash,

I note that you have made reference to a change in the level of service you are receiving from Nixon Williams and I would obviously like to address these concerns where possible.

So that I can assess the situation further for you, could I ask that you please send me a private message with your contact details, or alternatively email me directly at [email protected].

Additionally, if any other forum posters have any concerns that they would like to raise, please feel free to drop me an email.

Many thanks in advance.

Jake Ashurst

Comment

If you are not happy, don’t take too long thinking about it and just do it. I too was unhappy and moved to a FreeAgent based accountant and the process was very easy. I’m now a happy customer of Gorilla Accounting and only regret not leaving NXW sooner. Speak to Natasha in the new business team and you may even get your first 2 months free.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
                I'm sure many of the other accountants have experience in clients moving from NW
                Perhaps it should be an interview question for new accountants - "Have you had any experience with Nixon Williams migrations?"
                Last edited by PerfectStorm; 18 December 2018, 12:48.
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

One piece of advice would be to perhaps avoid any of the accountancy firms who are owned by private equity groups as the service levels appear to be falling.

SJD, Nixon Williams, In Touch, ClearSky, Brookson & Gorilla are all owned by private equity and the long term ownership is not certain, that is the business model of private equity investors.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    One piece of advice would be to perhaps avoid any of the accountancy firms who are owned by private equity groups as the service levels appear to be falling.

SJD, Nixon Williams, In Touch, ClearSky, Brookson & Gorilla are all owned by private equity and the long term ownership is not certain, that is the business model of private equity investors.
                    Gorilla seem to get 90+% of the recommendations from this forum, despite the above, not giving any assistance on here, and being pulled up for some questionable marketing practices...but...like the Murphys...

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                      Gorilla seem to get 90+% of the recommendations from this forum, despite the above, not giving any assistance on here, and being pulled up for some questionable marketing practices...but...like the Murphys...
                      Strange isn’t it? Whilst they don’t appear to promote themselves on here they do have people who do, those referral fees must be quite an incentive.

Their service levels improved when they employed loads of ex Nixon Williams staff, as these have started to leave it will be interesting to see if they can keep it up.
                      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                      X