• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dip in Level of Service from Nixon Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonskids View Post
    My April payslip just arrived in my inbox. Says I have to pay it on the 28th April. Just starting up the time machine.....
    It won't cause you any issues if you pay your own salary a bit late, so don't worry about that (I appreciate you're perhaps more annoyed than concerned).

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
      It won't cause you any issues if you pay your own salary a bit late, so don't worry about that (I appreciate you're perhaps more annoyed than concerned).
      Indeed but surely if he's set up a standard date he can just do a DD to pay himself regardless of when the payslip arrives. If they both say the same day the no issues with RTI etc?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Indeed but surely if he's set up a standard date he can just do a DD to pay himself regardless of when the payslip arrives. If they both say the same day the no issues with RTI etc?
        In practice, yeah it wouldn't cause any issues.

Theoretically though the RTI submission needs to be sent in on or before the salary processing date, and the payment shouldn't be made before the processing date. Therefore if NW only actually got around to submitting the salary (say) a couple of days ago, they should have dated it on/after that date, so any physical salary payment made before that date would be an advance (ie a director loan for a brief period). Another reason why maxing your £10k interest free isn't a great idea...if you're going to do it, go for £9k, at least that way if you ever slightly cock up payment dates of salary like this you've got some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Direct Debit? Doesn't apply to standing orders - ask your accountant.
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by jonskids View Post
            My April payslip just arrived in my inbox. Says I have to pay it on the 28th April. Just starting up the time machine.....
            Lucky you... nothing here yet
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Looking on the bright side, this means double-pay for May.

Still waiting BTW....
              Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post

Still waiting BTW....
                I wonder whether NXW paid their accountants?

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post

Still waiting BTW....
                  Still nothing....
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Lets hope the submission has been made to HMRC it will be late after Saturday...
                    Dolan Accountancy

Contractor Umbrella

01442 795 100

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                      Still nothing....
                      What did they say when you asked them?

Comment

Working...
                      X