• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long to wait for company accounts from accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sounds like their processes are not acceptable to you. Time to vote with your feet?
    Nice try but no cigar. No, I manage them. Besides they've won the North West Region Accountancy awards a couple of times in the last 5 years so top, top service.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick@Intouch View Post
      It would be reasonable to expect accounts to have been prepared and filed within a couple of months of final submission. There are obviously times when this might take longer and there may be genuine reasons for this.

If you are concerned with the time that it is taking for your accounts to be prepared then you should speak with your accountant to see if there are genuine reasons for the delay.
      If anyone is still interested, the turnaround target time from InTouch is now four months from year end.

I'm sure mine will be here in the next four weeks or so.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If anyone is still interested, the turnaround target time from InTouch is now four months from year end.

I'm sure mine will be here in the next four weeks or so.
        Whilst 4 months is not late, this does seem slow, I see no reason why they can’t be turned around within 4 weeks. The sooner you have them the sooner you can correct any errors or wrong treatments etc. I wouldn’t be at all happy with 4 months.
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
          Whilst 4 months is not late, this does seem slow, I see no reason why they can’t be turned around within 4 weeks. The sooner you have them the sooner you can correct any errors or wrong treatments etc. I wouldn’t be at all happy with 4 months.
          Especially when an employee jumps on the thread to say quicker.

Comment

4 months from year-end isn't 4 months from supplying all the info though...

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
              4 months from year-end isn't 4 months from supplying all the info though...
              It is in this case

Year end 31st July. Information completed August 1st.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Well, despite that fool's comments (and his poor acolytes who agreed with him) that my accountants arent meeting my needs or whatever, due to work commitments had to ask for a Saturday morning meeting to go over the account. Sure no problem all part of the service.

And no, there's no additional charge.

Comment

Working...
                X