• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tide Business Bank Account unable to accept international payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tide Business Bank Account unable to accept international payments

I decided to use Tide for my business account. I have a contract with a company in UAE and they asked for my IBAN/SWIFT details.

It seems Tide are the only bank that doesn't have this capability. They suggest they plan to implement it by the end of the year but make no guarantees.

Can I temporarily use my personal current account for inbound payments from the company in UAE then transfer it directly into the UK business account or will I need another business account that can accept IBAN/SWIFT payments?

Hi there, no you can’t use your personal account, you need to use a business account.
    The reason Tide cannot do it is because Tide are not a bank.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Have a look at Transferwise. Their Borderless Account might be what you're looking for; they do have a UAE Dirham option.

Comment

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use your personal account on a short-term basis.

When the funds are received in your personal account, it will be treated as director's loan account withdrawals in the company accounts. But if you transfer the funds back in to the business account on the day you receive them, there will be no tax issues.

As I say, it is a work-around, not ideal and I would definitely look at alternative arrangements through business banking if this is going to be longer term.

Comment

Working...
        X