• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need to start a Ltd company from abroad and need accountant support - any advices?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to start a Ltd company from abroad and need accountant support - any advices?

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and will move to Edinburgh in the coming weeks for family reasons. I need to set-up a Ltd company to be able to keep working for Belgian clients.

I've heard from Paystream and the reviews are not that great. I've also been referred to Clearsky.

It seems that there is plenty of possibilities and I don't know which route to go.

What I need is someone that can help me:
    - set-up a Ltd company (with me not yet in the UK, but I will have a local address very soon)
    - get a business bank account
    - apply for VAT
    - fill in all the required papers throughout the year
    - optimise my revenue

Does somebody has a good experience with a (local) company/accountant that matches all the requirements?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

I'm in Edinburgh. We can cover all your needs. I appreciate you're looking for recommendations so hopefully some of my clients will jump in.

Comment

A local Accountant isn't necessarily what you require, but your requirements will be covered by most Accountants within the service.

Contractor UK is full of recommended Accountants so I'm sure you will easily be able to find one that also provides a great personal service as well as the standard Accountancy tasks and filing for great value for money.

Comment

Won't a business bank account be a problem?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Won't a business bank account be a problem?
          VAT and PAYE application may be a problem if the OP doesn't have a NI, so might be delayed initially.

Bank account shouldn't be a problem, once the Ltd Company has been incorporated. I've recently had a similar situation with a client moving across to the UK from Poland and didn't have an issue with the bank account.

Comment

Working...
          X