• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company credit cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What exactly did your accountant say when shouting? If they didn't give you a justification, get a new accountant?

It makes no difference if the company pays for it or you do and claim it back.

Comment

This might be a tracking thing - I used to have to supply SJD with bank stats for things spent on personal cards, debit cards etc. It's easier if it's all on a business credit card maybe.

All hail Free Agent !

But I agree with everyone else - it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I thought you didn't need to put travel and other things in a P11d anymore anyway?
        You don't, so long as its valid business travel of temporary workplace travel. Same goes for any related subsistence and accommodation. The only requirement is you have a proper system in place for keeping track of your expenses.

I tend to stick my train tickets on the company debit card these days to make life easier but I'd say its fairly common for employees to pay for their out of pocket expenses directly and reclaim from their employer.

There *are* additional rules where an employer provides their employee with a debit or credit card but there's still nothing to report if you're making authorised purchases on behalf of the business:

https://www.gov.uk/expenses-benefits...s/whats-exempt

I don't think the above rules apply where an employee is simply using their own debit/credit card to pay for genuine out of pocket expenses and reclaiming though.
        Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 14 July 2017, 11:12.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          OK, I'll go back and query what the problem is.

In any case, does anyone have an answer to the original question. Any recommended company credit cards?
          Who do you have your business bank account with? I use HSBC and they provide a company credit card with contactless so can use on the tube when I have to travel to my clients other sites in London. Not all company credit cards have contactless so just something to be aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
            This might be a tracking thing - I used to have to supply SJD with bank stats for things spent on personal cards, debit cards etc. It's easier if it's all on a business credit card maybe.

All hail Free Agent !

But I agree with everyone else - it's no big deal.
            Then get a personal credit card you just use for these things.

I knew employees who use to do that.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a company debit card that I use all the time for travel, purchases, etc.
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                I have a company debit card that I use all the time for travel, purchases, etc.
                Credit card is different from a debit card.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X