• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trade marked word in company name

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just rename it, bit tulipty that a common word was awarded trademark.

Comment

Consider renaming to Revolution Design

Comment

Tell them it's NETE VOLUTION.

Comment

talked to a solicitor who gave advice

emailed the guy saying I would use another name and he seems sweet, so that should be case closed.

now I need to come up with some lovely new name, that is also safe against all this PITA stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by BradMcA View Post
            now I need to come up with some lovely new name, that is also safe against all this PITA stuff!
            22nd Century Fox hasn't been trademarked in the UK. Get that and in a about 80 years or so you can sell it for a fortune. Easy.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              This is one of the reasons I just ended up using my name as a company name when I first started.
              Same - I spent hours and hours trying to come up with a good, unique name that wasn't registered or used elsewhere. Gave up in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BradMcA View Post
                Yep, thats the one
                For a design company, their website looks tulip.

Comment

Spam twitter anonymously about the other company.

Comment

Working...
                  X