• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another 24 month rule question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 24 month rule question

I have been at the same site for 4 years now and stopped claiming expenses after 24 months.

Given that it has been 24 months since I have claimed any expenses for this work place, is there any chance what so ever I can start reclaiming again?

Getting ready for a bashing!

<Gently> NO. </Gently>

Comment

Jesus lol. How about actually trying to understand the rule first before asking. It becomes your permanent place of work isn't hard to understand lol.

I hope you stopped claiming when you expected to be over 24 months I. E. At the beginning of the extension that took you over.

Anyway, after 4 years there I think the 24 month rule is the least of your worries <ducksandruns>
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lenovo View Post
        I have been at the same site for 4 years now and stopped claiming expenses after 24 months.

Given that it has been 24 months since I have claimed any expenses for this work place, is there any chance what so ever I can start reclaiming again?

Getting ready for a bashing!

Gotta love a trier!

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Of course you can. Fill your boots.

There, that's that thread sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Jesus lol. How about actually trying to understand the rule first before asking. It becomes your permanent place of work isn't hard to understand lol.

I hope you stopped claiming when you expected to be over 24 months I. E. At the beginning of the extension that took you over.

Anyway, after 4 years there I think the 24 month rule is the least of your worries <ducksandruns>
            I stopped claiming when I received my contract for months 24-36.

I have no worries about being on site for 4 years.

Comment

Of course you can. If you take a contract somewhere in a significantly* different location.

* try to get the bastards to explain what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Of course you can. Fill your boots.

There, that's that thread sorted.
                Do you realise you already replied?

You seem bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by lenovo View Post
                  Do you realise you already replied?

You seem bitter.
                  Moi? Never. Just pulling your plonker. You did say you wanted a bashing though.

Comment

I know of people who clients have had to keep for 2 years+.

They (the contractor) insisted 100% WFH was the only option.

Obviously, you can go over 2 years if you only work 40% at the client location.

Pretty sure this would have to be the situation either from the outset of the contract, or prior to a "known" two years been up. I'm sure CP will be along to correct me should I be wrong?
                    Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 3 April 2017, 18:36.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X