Posts 21 to 26 of 26

Double Godlike!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    Not another bus lane fine?
    Got in trouble, quite rightly, for being moody and drunk after the night out last night LM

Luckily all goods with the world now, as I have a fry up in front of me

Godlike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Got in trouble, quite rightly, for being moody and drunk after the night out last night LM

Luckily all goods with the world now, as I have a fry up in front of me
    You get moody after drinking? Who'd have thought it, never seen it before.
    You get away with it when MrsMMM has been drinking as well though. Unlucky
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Should post faster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As a contractor your company is providing services to your client, so you personally cannot have a "job title" as you do not have a "job" within your clients organisation. Your company is not supplying labour to your client, it is providing services. When dealing with agents etc, most will give a job title as a useful way to describe the work that is required but after this point you should pretty much ignore it. Use whatever title your client wants you to use (within reason of course, if they start calling you tuliphead and want you to use that title in your emails you should refuse).

I live on CUK

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by breaktwister View Post
    As a contractor your company is providing services to your client, so you personally cannot have a "job title" as you do not have a "job" within your clients organisation. Your company is not supplying labour to your client, it is providing services. When dealing with agents etc, most will give a job title as a useful way to describe the work that is required but after this point you should pretty much ignore it. Use whatever title your client wants you to use (within reason of course, if they start calling you tuliphead and want you to use that title in your emails you should refuse).
    "Youíre just a bad memory who doesnít know when to go away" JR

Nice But Dim

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Jump! Jump!

You're not going to win here - so best to calmly make your exit on your terms.

"It appears there has been some confusion surrounding what I've been hired to do, and at what level. I recommend that you seek a contractor better suited to your requirements."

No need to be nasty or pissy - but, at the end of the day, the role is not what was sold AND (Crucially, because the first bit is often workable) you're now embroiled in some pretty horrendous politics. Get out, get out now before you're stitched up.

I'm in a role where it turns out I'm technically junior to someone, but a) I negotiated an above market rate and b) On the first day the senior chap said "Really glad to get someone so experienced - I'd like you to look at $x as you seem to have a lot of knowledge there and I'm a bit stuck". Instant good signs.
    This +1.

You are on a hiding to nothing, exit gracefully before you are booted.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    If it was a rate cut too I'd be out of there.
    If it was a decent rate for a more junior position then Id stay and look for something else.

You're never going to win the argument though. If a permie kicks off and moans about a contractor then you're never going to win even if you're right.
    If you are valued you are. I have had a senior permie try to get my contract terminated after I was caught out saying something indiscreet but not really damaging about said permie (my bad). Permie went over the top and ended up on a disciplinary. I got a renewal.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3