• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vwdan
    replied
    8 months on and I feel exactly the same - I think I'd cry if I had to go back now.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by yMyjgT View Post
    I setup the Barclays feed couple of weeks back. Piece of cake - 1 phone call, in office hours, they just ask for your sort code/acc numbers and that's it, activated
    The thing I can't get over with the feed is the fact that I would be responsible if the details were leaked or hacked and my accounts compromised. This seems to be the deal with Nat West - not sure what the position is with other banks but it certainly stops me from setting it up.

Apart from that I love it - but it could always be better ;-)

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    If I was starting up again I'd definitely be including it for free within a very reasonable monthly fee...

Leave a comment:

• simondolan
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Holy hell - I've always been a huge fan of the SJD Spreadsheet, but I'm loving FreeAgent! Can't believe I've been without it for so long.
    Am with you there.....fantastic product. Always said so...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I shall take a look.
    I'm McLovin' it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I shall take a look.

Leave a comment:

• yMyjgT
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I didn't set up the bank connection which is something I wanted to try (it involved phoning Barclays and I CBA'd)
    I setup the Barclays feed couple of weeks back. Piece of cake - 1 phone call, in office hours, they just ask for your sort code/acc numbers and that's it, activated.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I guess if you're paying an accountant and they offer it for free then it's a no-brainer. But personally for a one-invoice per month contractor business I'd stick with the old (free) spreadsheet and save the £30pm.
    For me, I'm buying a much easier way to understand my accounts, and an easier way to manage and track things too.

Plus the £30 can be reduced by 10% with a simple code when you sign up..... 453w85c4

Leave a comment:

• EinsteinTax
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    I'll register now for a trial.
    I hope payroll is included
    Yes - payroll is included as standard for Ltd company accounts in FreeAgent.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    I'll register now for a trial.
    I hope payroll is included

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    I currently use Sage Instant accounts (2012) and Instant payroll. The Sage accounts backup can me made available to most accountants ...... if needed

As far as Software cost goes I only have to pay for Sage cover for payroll which seems to be going up yearly nowadays.

My major gripe at the moment is having to keep a Windows VM on my mac to run my accounts.

So I have been tempted with free agent but the pricing on their website is on pretty expensive at £29+ vat a month

Am I missing anything here ? because that's over £400 yearly just to run the software on its own
    With the likes of FreeAgent, you can each see the data live at any given time. No need to email backups back and forward. Plus no risk of each party changing something between back ups being sent, meaning possible missing data.

FreeAgent runs from the web browser, so shouldn't be any need for the virtual windows.

FreeAgent's not the cheapest SaaS product, but it's not much more expensive than most. Also bear in mind:
    1) you're continually getting the latest edition, unlike with "one off" desktop package purchases where you may get to use it fine for a couple of years, but typically then the vendor will be twisting your arm to upgrade to the latest version (at a further "one off" cost).
    2) as a minimum you'd likely be able to get 10% off by using someone else's referral code. Similarly if you refer others you can get further discounts (but I understand that's only on the basis of you marketing their product).
    3) there are resellers out there, predominantly accountants, who'll get it at a hefty discount on the RRP. That's (part of the reason) why so many FreeAgent friendly accountants will include the software in their monthly price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X