• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best short term investment options for lump sum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Premium Bonds ?

You can invest up to £50k, money guaranteed, can be withdrawn immediately and have a gazillion to one chance of winning a million.

I've just done this for £15k I don't need until December, month 1 won £25, month 2 won £0, just waiting for Decembers draw on the off chance and will withdraw the money.

The prize fund is currently 1.25% so over time, with average luck you could get this

No worse off than leaving in an account at 0.05% and a bit of fun think your going to win big!

Comment

Originally posted by zoomfwd View Post
      You can invest up to £50k, money guaranteed, can be withdrawn immediately and have a gazillion to one chance of winning a million.

I've just done this for £15k I don't need until December, month 1 won £25, month 2 won £0, just waiting for Decembers draw on the off chance and will withdraw the money.

The prize fund is currently 1.25% so over time, with average luck you could get this

No worse off than leaving in an account at 0.05% and a bit of fun think your going to win big!
      tax free as well
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yeah but you have to have it in for a full calendar month before its eligible. If you don't get it in before 1st Dec it won't be in the draw until Feb.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X