• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End client telling me not to come in during notice period as they wont pay me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End client telling me not to come in during notice period as they wont pay me

My contract is ending early due to the project being pulled and i have some days notice period left with little work. The end client has told me not to come in as they wont authorise payments if im there not working. The agency are repeating this, maybe to keep the client sweet, but also because its not worth the commission to them to fight it.
    my payment is based on a signed timesheet, so if i cant get that im stuffed????

No work = No pay.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-question.html

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
      so they can ask me not to work within the contract if they have no work for me?

Comment

Correct. We've been through this in great detail already today in the link supplied.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 12 September 2016, 21:22.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

nice to know for my next contract negotiation

Comment

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
            No mutual obligation is one of the 3 self employment checks. You may be able to remove it ( although personally I doubt any agency would accept the removal of such a clause) but it would result in a contract less likely to pass an ir35 review
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by bluepeter View Post
              Make sure you understand the while 9 yards, not just know they can do this. It will depend on the contract wording so you need to understand every clause in that and how it applies in your B2B contract. Just knowing they don't have to pay won't prepare you for any other eventualities that may arise.

Remember that contractors pull this clause nearly every contract whereas clients pull it very rarely. You saying you are not available for work to him on holiday is doing exactly the same. It doesn't, however, mean you should dick clients around. Thinking you can pull it just so you don't have to work a notice won't go down well for example.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing as they say.

Comment

Every day is Groundhog Day...

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                  Every day is Groundhog Day...
                  Lol

Comment

Sometimes clients pay. Sometimes not. But they are under no obligation to pay.

Comment

Working...
                    X