• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to opt out of work place pension?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to opt out of work place pension?

My ltd has one director/employee and another employee.
    How do I opt out both of us from the work pension enrolment?

Have you asked your accountant? If not, do so. If you don't have one, get one.

Otherwise do not pass go and do not collect £200

Comment

Pensions

Opting out | The Pensions Advisory Service

Check if your employees are eligible job holders is the first port of call.

Comment

Are you sure the director is an employee?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You can't opt your employee out. First you enrol them (if they are eligible) then they get a letter offering them an opt out. You have to repeat this pantomime every 3 years.

Comment

Use NEST - its free. Enrol whoever needs to be enrolled and then when they get their paperwork through they can log on to the site and opt out. Worth running through NEST's flowchart type thing though to double check whether they both need to be enrolled.

Comment

Originally posted by kolata View Post
              My ltd has one director/employee and another employee.
              How do I opt out both of us from the work pension enrolment?
              Lot of confusion about this from every client I speak to, you can "exempt" your self as an "Employer" for pensions if you are the only one in the company.

https://automation.thepensionsregula.../notanemployer

This means you are not an employer for Pensions Regulator but employer for PAYE.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Are you sure the director is an employee?
                I am director but there is also one more employee. I gather that being a director exempts me.
                Question is how do my employee opt out?

What is NEST?
                Last edited by kolata; 28 June 2016, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                  You can't opt your employee out. First you enrol them (if they are eligible) then they get a letter offering them an opt out. You have to repeat this pantomime every 3 years.
                  How do I enrol them? Who send them the opt-out letter?

Comment

Originally posted by kolata View Post
                    I am director but there is also one more employee. I gather that being a director exempts me.
                    Question is how do my employee opt out?

What is NEST?
                    link
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X