• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhiltheGreek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have met Mr Roberts, and unless he has had extensive plastic surgery I would be pretty confident in saying he is not Mr Upton (although I have not met Mr Upton, it turns out I moved into a house near to where he lives/lived)
    Can't be too careful, old chap. Why not try a ducking stool in the Aire? If he lives, he's definitely Upton - then you can burn him.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    We have no proof either way.
    I have met Mr Roberts, and unless he has had extensive plastic surgery I would be pretty confident in saying he is not Mr Upton (although I have not met Mr Upton, it turns out I moved into a house near to where he lives/lived)

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    If only we had a small group of users who had the ability to close threads or something.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DeludedKitten
    replied
    Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
    Another thought, Darren describes himself as owner of Fox Bartfield on Linked In. However if you check Companies House he is not a director which seems a little bit strange (I know shareholder and director mean different things).
    He's not a person of significant control either.

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wasn't one Darren CUK Forum Adviser of the year while the other was banged up?
    Good point- I wish Darren had just made that point to begin with.

That pretty much settles it then.

In my defence, there were two others in this thread that got me wondering in the first place, and no one could say anything sensible (even Darren) about this topic until now. Even you needed two bites at the cherry before saying something sensible.

Feel free to come back and troll me. Looking at the number of posts you have made into this forum this is pretty much your whole life so knock yourself out

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    IMO, LinkedIn isn't 100% reliable/accurate
    And yet earlier you made claims based on what you read on LinkedIn. Hmm.

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Although I do accept your underlying point that my claims/speculation are easily countered
    My point was more around doing a bit of basic research before you start talking crap. Bit late once it's easily been countered surely?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Wasn't one Darren CUK Forum Adviser of the year while the other was banged up?

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wouldn't a quick check of linkedin show one Darren was working while the other was being detained by Her Majesty?

Although I do accept your underlying point that my claims/speculation are easily countered

Leave a comment:

Working...
X