• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren at Fox-Bartfield View Post
    Cheers Alan, think someone’s having a few too many shandies for a Friday night! And someone who’s been registered for an hour, sounds like someone who’s lost a few clients after I’d left.....sour grapes.
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    AIUI Dynamo aren't saying anything because it's sub judice so we should cut them a little slack.

But certainly I wouldn't stay with F-B nor, on this evidence, Dynamo.
    The identity or alleged identity of a former employee would presumably only be
    sub judice
    if that question of identity was part of a legal case.

In any event, they either knew, or they didn't verify his identity and work history before giving him that role, which would be bizarre. Or, they did know, and DJR != DJU, in which case it's hard to imagine what outstanding legal matter would prevent them from confirming that. Or at least, from making a generic statement that 'we confirm the identity and work history of all employees.' They aren't even saying that.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    I agree with this. Adam Barton owns 40% of the ordinary shares at FB and 40% of the Ordinary A shares. He is also the founder and a director of Generate FS where Darren Roberts claims (LinkedIn) to have worked while Darren Upton was in prison. So if DJR's LinkedIn is false, Adam knows, which means he knew all along that DJR was not giving a true history, and F-B was in on the deception from the beginning. If DJR=DJU, F-B knew the whole time. I wouldn't stick with them.

I have said that I don't think Dynamo knew. But I don't think I'd be staying with them. Either they actually did know or they are lax about their internal procedures for deciding who has access to sensitive information.

Darren Roberts was not just a low level flunky, he was allowed to use the title Head of Contractor Services. Like here. If DJR is DJU, I can't believe they put him in that position without knowing. Maybe that could happen 5-10 years after he got out of prison, and built up some recent work history, maybe they wouldn't check carefully that far back. But within a couple years of him getting out? Not very credible, is it? And if he isn't, I can't understand why they won't say so.

So I'm starting to think there's a strong possibility Dynamo did know. Even if they didn't, it's a bad look.

I'd be moving elsewhere if they can't come up with something more substantive than 'we can't say anything.' Too bad. If they really can't say anything it is either because they knew, or because they dropped the ball badly.

Only my opinion.
    AIUI Dynamo aren't saying anything because it's sub judice so we should cut them a little slack.

But certainly I wouldn't stay with F-B nor, on this evidence, Dynamo.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If I were a FB client, I would be asking them if DR and DU are the same person. If I didn't get a categorical "No they are not", I would be taking my business elsewhere ASAP
    I agree with this. Adam Barton owns 40% of the ordinary shares at FB and 40% of the Ordinary A shares. He is also the founder and a director of Generate FS where Darren Roberts claims (LinkedIn) to have worked while Darren Upton was in prison. So if DJR's LinkedIn is false, Adam knows, which means he knew all along that DJR was not giving a true history, and F-B was in on the deception from the beginning. If DJR=DJU, F-B knew the whole time. I wouldn't stick with them.

As a Dynamo client, I am reasonably happy that if DU and DR are the same person that Dynamo were very unlikely to have known this was the case, so, whilst I will be reviewing my accountancy requirements shortly, I don't see this as a reason to leave at present.
    I have said that I don't think Dynamo knew. But I don't think I'd be staying with them. Either they actually did know or they are lax about their internal procedures for deciding who has access to sensitive information.

Darren Roberts was not just a low level flunky, he was allowed to use the title Head of Contractor Services. Like here. If DJR is DJU, I can't believe they put him in that position without knowing. Maybe that could happen 5-10 years after he got out of prison, and built up some recent work history, maybe they wouldn't check carefully that far back. But within a couple years of him getting out? Not very credible, is it? And if he isn't, I can't understand why they won't say so.

So I'm starting to think there's a strong possibility Dynamo did know. Even if they didn't, it's a bad look.

I'd be moving elsewhere if they can't come up with something more substantive than 'we can't say anything.' Too bad. If they really can't say anything it is either because they knew, or because they dropped the ball badly.

Only my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    If DRs LinkedIn profile is anything to go by the it would suggest FB knew. FB is registered at the same address as Generate, another contractor firm. DR states work experience at generate directly before Dynamo. If DR is DU (agreement seems to be universal now) then they must have known.
    Precisely my point...

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Quite agree. Since D*R held 50% of the FB shares at incorporation, was a person of significant control but not a company officer. Then IMHO, the other shareholders would have done serious due diligence before agreeing to a business relationship in the first place. Naturally, DJU being a plausible looking fraudster, may have produced all kinds of glowing references. Or they were all mates anyway. Perhaps.
    If DRs LinkedIn profile is anything to go by the it would suggest FB knew. FB is registered at the same address as Generate, another contractor firm. DR states work experience at generate directly before Dynamo. If DR is DU (agreement seems to be universal now) then they must have known.

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    If I were a FB client, I would be asking them if DR and DU are the same person. If I didn't get a categorical "No they are not", I would be taking my business elsewhere ASAP, as, if they are (and I believe they are), the major shareholders certainly knew who he was as they provided an employment history while DU was in prison.

As a Dynamo client, I am reasonably happy that if DU and DR are the same person that Dynamo were very unlikely to have known this was the case, so, whilst I will be reviewing my accountancy requirements shortly, I don't see this as a reason to leave at present.
    Dominic from FB used to post on these boards regularly, but has gone quiet. If there was a categorical "No they are not" - he would have been all over saying that. His silence on this subject does imply DR and DU are probably the same person.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    FB say they are Fred Bloggs.
    Proof at last! They're lying to you.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Why bother? If you have any doubts about your accountant's probity or honesty, then bail out, quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Good idea. You want the number? 0113 282 6542 HTH.
    FB say they are Fred Bloggs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X