• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SimonMac
    replied
    I know many would like to know more, but FB has pretty much said they have told us all they are willing to on the matter.

Unless something comes to light from say a court appearance I doubt we will ever get a conclusion

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    bump
    Can't hear you, I've deen deafened by the silence. I know you shouldn't read too much into it. But the silence the last few days is nontheless, extremely interesting itself.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    No further comment from FB. Speaks volumes...
    The silence is deafening, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    No further comment from FB. Speaks volumes...

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by simondolan View Post
    What grounds?
    Hi Simon,
    According to Linkedin, Darren Roberts worked for SJD while you still owned it. Is that true?

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Walks like a Duck
    Swims like a Duck
    Quacks like a Duck...

Leave a comment:

• FrontEnder
    replied
    Just read this whole thread, having somehow missed it. Holy crap. Top work from the CUK community.

Just looked up DR on linkedin - "Business Owner at To be announced"

I have a few mutual connections, contractors I've worked with before. May have to warn them off him.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    GDPR. They can only comment on details that are already in the public record. Anything else will land them in deep doodoo if the subject hasn't agreed to it.
    Correct. But Dom could answer the questions below:
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    I don't think that takes us very far forward, Dom. This might:

1. Does your duty of care to your clients include confirming the identity of everyone who works at Fox-Bartfield?

2. Does your duty of care include confirming the work history, including that on Linked-In, of everyone who works at F-B? If someone who worked at F-B had a misleading work history on their Linked-In, would that concern you?

3. Just hypothetically, do you think it would undermine your credibility with your clients if they were to learn that you had someone working with their sensitive information who is an ex-convict, and not just any ex-con, but one who defrauded his accountancy clients?

4. Just hypothetically, if some of your clients had reason to believe you'd had such a person working on their accounts, do you think the above statement would reassure them?

These are not questions about Darren Roberts. These are questions about you and your credibility and trustworthiness, and what your view of your 'duty of care' really is.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    NDA?

Quietly go away and we won't confirm in public you are a convicted fraudster, if you don't confirm we were founded by one?

Allegedly of course
    GDPR. They can only comment on details that are already in the public record. Anything else will land them in deep doodoo if the subject hasn't agreed to it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X