• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
    Did anyone ever get money back from this? 10 years on and ive just been contacted by the courts to say some funds have been collected. I jumped on the forum and then read all this. Wow.
    Maybe Darren was @ Dynamo to pay back the courts.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    As an ex Dynamo customer Darren seemed like a nice guy but Gorilla spent that last year sorting out many problems/gaps that they left me with (some of it caused by Darren's replacement).
    Pretty certain Darren was struck off. That bloke says he's ICAEW registered. It would be an offence to tell lies about that. At least I think so anyway. Mind you we all know the porkies the real DU told.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hmmm, interesting

https://www.linkedin.com/in/simongraytax trained at Tait Walker

Tait Walker is one of the companies that's listed on DR's profile too.
    As an ex Dynamo customer Darren seemed like a nice guy but Gorilla spent that last year sorting out many problems/gaps that they left me with (some of it caused by Darren's replacement).

Leave a comment:

• Underscore Pt2
    replied
    Did anyone ever get money back from this? 10 years on and ive just been contacted by the courts to say some funds have been collected. I jumped on the forum and then read all this. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    I'm starting to come around to that view.
    Me too

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Someone at Henton's knew.
    I'm starting to come around to that view.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Does this mean Dynamo knew of his history if he knew the tax partner for 25 years?
    I reckon that's BS.
    Well, considering the source you'd have to think that's a possibility. But....
    Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been.
    So they made him head of a department, not knowing where he'd been anytime in the last five years or confirming any of his work history? Without any evidence that he'd not been an involuntary guest of Her Majesty? 'Nice to meet you, we haven't confirmed your credentials or history, we hope you know your stuff and you seem nice, here's the key to our new division, go for it.'

IMO DJU was speaking truth on that. MS' Tait Walker discovery fits it. At the very least, someone they knew convinced them he was good enough to do the job (they were right). Someone at Henton's knew.

Given the work history on his LinkedIn Fox Bartfield absolutely know who he was. Adam Barton has some big questions to answer.
    Questions he will only answer for the authorities, if forced to, and not to anyone else. That's dead certain.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Hmmm, interesting

That I didn't know. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I reckon that's BS.

Hentons (who own Dynamo) look like a decent outfit. Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been. That being said it could be true as it seems strange they would launch Dynamo without already having a head of department in place.

Given the work history on his LinkedIn Fox Bartfield absolutely know who he was. Adam Barton has some big questions to answer.
    Hmmm, interesting

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Does this mean Dynamo knew of his history if he knew the tax partner for 25 years?

With thanks to my mate "IHaveAnIphoneX-YouHaveASamsung-ImSorryToHearThat" for pointing this out to me. And he is still wondering what other Dynamo clients will do.....
    I reckon that's BS.

Hentons (who own Dynamo) look like a decent outfit. Darren was helpful, friendly and had something about him here. I reckon they probably saw that in the interview and because of this they weren't as diligent checking his work history as they should have been. That being said it could be true as it seems strange they would launch Dynamo without already having a head of department in place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X