• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is convicted ex accountant Darren Upton practicing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malvolio
    replied
    To be fair it's not down to Darren or F-B to prove their case, it's up to a random bunch of uninformed commentators on an internet forum to prove theirs.

HTH. BIDI...

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    I'd be very keen to hear from any current clients of Darren. He gave some great advice in this forum for quite some time, picking up a lot of business along the way.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Is it true Netflix are making a mini series about a Darren’s life ? - should make fun viewing

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If all this is true then surely we should withdraw the award for both years and it should go to the second place candidate in what was a close run thing both years.

I humbly accept and thank all those that supported me in winning the award two years running.

Haha.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Nor giving an ex-con the forum adviser of the year mantle.
    If all this is true then surely we should withdraw the award for both years and it should go to the second place candidate in what was a close run thing both years.

I humbly accept and thank all those that supported me in winning the award two years running.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Ok, but I'm not cynical enough to believe they knew before this thread, or even before the last week or so. There was no compelling reason to believe Nigel. It's the picture, compounded by just too many other coincidences.
    I wasn't trying to be snide, but appreciate the comment may have come across that way. Apologies CUK!

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Ok, but I'm not cynical enough to believe they knew before this thread, or even before the last week or so. There was no compelling reason to believe Nigel. It's the picture, compounded by just too many other coincidences.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    True.

Less of an excuse from FB or indeed Generate.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    I guess at least we now have an explanation for the silence from Dynamo/Henton.

Leave a comment:

• Invisiblehand
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    That lets you know, doesn't it? 'Ongoing legal proceedings'. They are still calling him 'Darren Roberts' so the name change seems a good bet.

I suspect he even kept 'Darren John', based on this: Darren Roberts | AccountingWEB

Meanwhile, what just hit my inbox? An email from CUK, with an ad right across the top for who? Why, Fox-Bartfield.

A cynical person would say CUK is sitting quiet on all this because they have a nice little ad revenue stream they don't want to mess with. I'm not quite that cynical, I'd say it is more likely they are still trying to figure out what exactly they can/should do without ironclad proof. But it doesn't look good to be taking revenue from F-B right now....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X